Transfer Rumour Joe Hart

Would u have him

• Yes

• No

• Im sitting on the fence with Cheese on Toast

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mental how signing joe hart is causing so much debate. guarantee pre-moshiri 99.9% would jump at the chance of him signing for us. are we now 'too good' for him??

surely cant prefer Stek on the back of one good game. Yeah he had a bad euros but Hart has been a top PL keeper for the past decade and at 29 still has plenty to offer imo

The belief is that Joe Hart is overrated, that's why people are hesitant. He'd cost massive money in terms of a fee and wage, when there are probably better options around for half the price.

I also don't think he's been anywhere near the best 'keeper in the league at any point in his career. I guess that is debatable, but for me I've never had him in my top three 'keepers in any given Premier League season.

All that said, I'd have him on loan I guess, but if Stekelenberg keeps this form going then I wouldn't necessarily see Hart as an automatic starter. Far from it in fact - Stekelenberg had a better game against Spurs than I've seen Hart have in the last five years.

FWIW, I don't think Hart is a bad player, but he's certainly not the sure thing certain people in this thread are suggesting. Signing him would be a gamble, especially at the price we'd have to pay for him. He could be excellent for us of course, but there's no guarantee. This is certainly not a "no brainer" as one poster said

Again, Stekky has done well in pre-season and in his first proper game against Spurs. I'd honestly be happy with him keeping the job for now and us spending the money that would go on Hart on either a defender, midfielder or striker

If we did sign Hart he'd have my full backing and I'd have my fingers crossed that he'd be a success, but I do think we have to be fair to Stekky here. For me, we don't put enough importance on form at this club and it's been to our detriment the past few seasons. My honest opinion is that, if you're playing well, you should be in the team until your form drops, regardless of who you are

I know most won't agree with that, but it's how I feel

I'm sorry mate but we've tried having a team full of goodie goodie nice guys and got absolutely nowhere, so I'm not arsed about that tbh. Give me a team of winners instead

This!! This between 2 burnt pieces of bread smothered in melted off milk

All that said, I'd have him on loan I guess, but if Stekelenberg keeps this form going then I wouldn't necessarily see Hart as an automatic starter. Far from it in fact - Stekelenberg had a better game against Spurs than I've seen Hart have in the last five years.

Which is either ridiculous or you've not watched Man City much because I can assure you he has.

Must have been a different Hart I was watching cost England at least two games with schoolboy errors. No thanks. Look elsewhere with the money please.

Look elsewhere is great. But who is willing to come. We have failed to attract many of the players we wanted this summer. What keeper better than Hart can we attract and sign.?

Be interesting to read the steklenberg thread again. 95 per cent were against it and the rest were sayin he was ok as back up.
Now he's better then joe Hart as he had a good game v spurs....

Absolutely.

Prior to his Southampton move

http://metro.co.uk/2015/07/01/can-s...m-transfer-flop-maarten-stekelenburg-5264429/

But as the dramatic 2013/14 season wore on, it became quite clear that Stekelenburg wasn’t quite the complete goalkeeper that we’d hoped for and desperately needed.

The 32-year-old was indecisive and unpredictable. Sometimes he’d command his area authoritatively, other times he’d simply not bother at all. Sometimes he’d play impeccably, pulling off spectacular reaction saves. Other times he’d fail to show up.

However, this is as positive as I've seen about his time at Southampton - and rather fits the bill for a back-up keeper

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/footba...92/player-review-2015-16-maarten-stekelenburg

The problem for Saints was getting a quality deputy for Forster given that it was obvious that any keeper who came in would be keeping the shirt warm for his return and Stekelenburg fitted the bill in this respect in that he had the pedigree and given his position back at Fulham who were trying to offload him to reduce their wage bill he could come on loan.

All in all Stekelenburg played 17 games for Saints, missing 3 through injury, the best description of his performances would be that of steady, whilst he did nothing wrong, on the other hand he did not seem to make many saves of real note either, he just didn't seem to pull off the odd blinding save that won us a point here or there as Fraser Forster has done since his return.

It is interesting to see that Saints are looking to sign him on a permanent basis and that is probably a good thing, it would be difficult to get a better keeper in who would be willing to sit on the bench with no real chance of a game barring an injury to Forster.

So overall a 7/10 rating for Stekelenburg, like his performances with a few more saves it could have been an 8, but if he had made some errors it could have been a 6, straight down the middle for Maarten just like his season.

Third paragraph seems to be generally the plan for him here, too.

Barca Away in the Champs League.

Nah, I've seen Hart have some insane games to be fair. I also saw Stekelenburg concede 6 from 6 shots on target against Liverpool last season

Status
Not open for further replies.