Joe Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.

argietoffee

Player Valuation: £20m
Many were surprised at his inclusion on the bench over Walsh last night.

He must have something about him.

I know he has been injured and there were rumours that Warren Joyce wanted him for the United academy before he went to Wigan.

Anyone have any good insight on this kid?

I saw him playing about 18 months ago alongside Davies in a televised U-23 game at Sunderland,they were both outstanding,but Williams on that occasion looked the better of the two,the lads had the typical Everton curse with injuries since and is just about making his way back,i'd imagine a big boost to have been involved last night.

...I posted after watching him a few seasons ago as a 16 year old playing against Anderson of Man Utd. It wasn't a showy performance with clever tricks or fancy turns but he was ultra competitive against the Brazilian international. High energy, the type every team needs. He ran out of steam with 20mins to go but it was a performance that stood out for me.

You won't see silky skills but you'll see attitude and competitiveness. I like him but it's a massive step up.

Up until his first game back after the bad injury I just saw him as a bit of a Cattermole type player but after that I'm not sure as he displayed a lot more technical ability compared to in the past. Can't remember who it was against now sure @blueloon will remember.

Up until his first game back after the bad injury I just saw him as a bit of a Cattermole type player but after that I'm not sure as he displayed a lot more technical ability compared to in the past. Can't remember who it was against now sure @blueloon will remember.
I believe it was the televised Southampton game mate, I can remember commenting like yourself that he showed a surprising degree of skill in that game.

??? He's been on the bench the last two games , with 46 on his back .
Well, he has to have a number on his shirt, but it's not officially assigned to him... at least not according to the official club website.

Status
Not open for further replies.