John Hurst RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always associate him with this kit..
0_GL590544.jpg
RIP💙💛💙

i’m 42 so know idea of him RIP
I'm only slightly younger and i've heard of him mate! He was a very vital and underrated member of a great Everton team. May he RIP.

This publication has been out of print for years, but you should try and search for the book Everton player by player by Ivan Ponting.

It's a very good book for reading about all those great (and not so great as well!) Everton players before our time.

He was that good mate better than John Stones cost us nothing born in Blackpool an academy player - wore no 10 , but played a duel CH role with Captain Labone - he broke into midfield often & often scored so fast & brilliant in the air - an ex CF plus our first no 12 as a substitute scored in that game, but the referee disallowed it by blowing the final whistle to stop us winning 2-1 at Stoke away ....

As a lad My late father took me to the pit - he was MOTM in a 0-0 draw he marked a certain top player in Roger Hunt out of the game Bally hit a post - my late father was well impressed with him - he will be great for us, he stated & he certainly was - RIP to a quiet individual under 23 captain for England - he did his talking on the pitch -RIP
Only one giant left with Blackpool connections to the Toffees halcyon days. Westy, Bally now Hursty all gone. Roger keeping that particular flag flying now and for a good while to come 🙏

Status
Not open for further replies.