John lundstram

Status
Not open for further replies.

ANDYEFC95

Player Valuation: £950k
John Lundstram has today joined Doncaster Rovers on loan.

The midfielder, a regular for the Club's Under-21s, joins the League One side for an initial month's stay at the Keepmoat Stadium.

Lundstram is a product of the Everton academy and is also captain of England Under-19s.

He has made 13 appearances for the Under-21s this term, scoring twice - the most recent of which was in the 3-0 win over Middlesbrough on Sunday. He turned 19 a day later.

Lundstram could make his debut when Rovers, currently third in League One, entertain fellow promotion chasers Yeovil at the weekend.

Last edited:
Good for the lad. Doncaster are well place in League 1 as well, just below the automatic promotion spots. That does make me wonder if he will get starts though.

Good for the lad. Doncaster are well place in League 1 as well, just below the automatic promotion spots. That does make me wonder if he will get starts though.
Doubt he'd be sent there without some agreement on playing time.Barkley came back from Leeds because they weren't going to start him

Fabulous, just what the Doctor ordered for the lad.

He's learned all he can at the training ground, needs to put that into practice now into games that matter.

He'll slot in no problem into League One.

.........I like this lad. Big athletic type with a good range of passes and a hell of a dig. Always impressed me influencing a game more than the likes of Barklay and it will be interesting to see him playing competitive league football.

I've only seen him play as part of the England U20 side at the World Cup last year.
He looked the part though, and I thought he looked (dare I say it for fear of being stoned and pilloried in here) better than Ross Barkley.

I'm all in favour of exposing youth to the rigours of lower division first team actions. Helps define them.

There is a highlight on the OS from the Youth Cup match against Arsenal, showing Lundstram settling and slotting from outside the 18. He looked composed throughout the match, keeps his head up and passes incisively forward. You can tell he consciously picks his times to get forward. In fewer words, I like the way this lad approaches the mental aspect of the game. A loan spell at a capable outfit is just the ticket. Tip of the hat to this decision, and good luck John lad.

Status
Not open for further replies.