John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Sky Sports

Regarding any potential arrivals at Stamford Bridge, we are still waiting to see if Chelsea will go back in with a fourth bid for Everton defender John Stones by the way folks, but we will keep you updated on any movement with this deal...

They really are determined .
Yes mate, they just don't give up,I sometimes wonder if they know something ?

Sky moreso .

They are hoping to keep the Chelski fans keep logging in . Between this annoyance and their constant need for boring ex Arsenal pundits , I really don't know why I pay for their T.V .

the thing is fans won't turn away. even as disillusioned as I am with the whole premise and going to watch everton I will still continue going. my brother and a few friends still continue watching Wrexham even tho in conference. (well not my brother now sorry) and they do the usual watching big games on tv. I have no real interest in golf, tennis, nfl, etc but I watch the promoted big events and that's the way it will be.

TBH Wrexham have been to the new Wembley more times than we have.

and humiliated themselves once there

the thing is fans won't turn away. even as disillusioned as I am with the whole premise and going to watch everton I will still continue going. my brother and a few friends still continue watching Wrexham even tho in conference. (well not my brother now sorry) and they do the usual watching big games on tv. I have no real interest in golf, tennis, nfl, etc but I watch the promoted big events and that's the way it will be.
I agree they are basically exploting peoples' unconditional love of the game but there is a generation arriving who won't have that. A lot of the people who could pass this on are disillusoned and maybe can't afford to go every week. And yeah I think the hype over anything on TV works for awhile but hear it again and again, we will all soon realise most of it is just nonsense.
Saying all this WWF still gets huge viewing figures so who knows

I agree they are basically exploting peoples' unconditional love of the game but there is a generation arriving who won't have that. A lot of the people who could pass this on are disillusoned and maybe can't afford to go every week. And yeah I think the hype over anything on TV works for awhile but hear it again and again, we will all soon realise most of it is just nonsense.
Saying all this WWF still gets huge viewing figures so who knows
might contradict myself here. (had a drink so forgive me). tv companies are not interested in actual attendees at events only what viewing figures are. and as you say younger generation may (if I read you right) not attend but will just get used to watching events on tv. so they win in the end.

might contradict myself here. (had a drink so forgive me). tv companies are not interested in actual attendees at events only what viewing figures are. and as you say younger generation may (if I read you right) not attend but will just get used to watching events on tv. so they win in the end.
yeah this is the big worry. Think they will be fine if it becomes a staged for TV event. I have felt that coming for twenty years. Only hope is they have got it all wrong and viewing figures will go down as atmosphere at the ground goes.

and I suppose the other thing is, if it is just a TV event, then kids will be easily distracted the second something newer and shinier comes along

I think that is true up to a point because if people stop going to events and the games are played in half empty stadiums the spectacle soon becomes diminished and their viewer figures would fall.

So I could see a situation further down the line a couple of decades where match tickets are slashed to make sure the grounds are full.

Because as sure as shooting, ticket prices as they are today will not be enticing the generation coming along behind us to start going the game.

Let's hope ol' Ahmed the Oracle is spot on, Links.

I love this bit.

@AhmedSayedCfc_: According to [@mohd_tagaya] Chelsea decides to terminate negotiations with #efc defender John Stones.

Everton's idea of "negotiations" has been to simply say "no" to every bid.

But it is Chelsea who have decided to walk away.....:pint2:

One day we all look back on this and lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back