John Stones transfer saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
My lad was saying supposedly Shearer is now joining in the 'Stones to Chelsea' campaign. Don't know if my lad just heard it wrong, but he was saying Shearer was saying something along the lines of Stones should go to Chelsea even if it means sitting on the bench, because he can watch John Terry.

indeed.

But Murphy was even more bullish, he reckons Stones would go "straight in the Chelsea side, replacing Cahill".

:(

He'll stay then probably leave next season imo im not bothered either way tbh, sometimes cashing in on a player can improve you we have done that down the years and Stones isn't irreplaceable atm. Totally FM but say Martinez had £15 mil budget left to spend and sold Stones for £35 mil on the promise of it all to spend, imagine if invested correctly:

Barnsley 20%- £7 mil

Shaqiri- £12 mil
Austin- £13 mil
Dragovic- £10 mil
Evans- £5 mil
Lennon- £6 mil

Would have a strong first team and still have a bench of:

Austin
Lennon
Barry
Besic
Evans
Mcgeady
Oviedo

Sometimes it's wise to cash in when you need to rebuild and tbh we could do with one right now, too much deadwood like pienaar, gibson, naismith, Kone hanging around the squad doing nothing but eating up the wage bill.

They'd still be eating up the wage bill.

He best not actually go for £34m, numerous sources reported the figure about a month ago, which would probably show we were looking to sell from the start.

He best not actually go for £34m, numerous sources reported the figure about a month ago, which would probably show we were looking to sell from the start.
I disagree - if we wanted to sell, the club would've hawked him around all the loaded clubs before now.

I honestly think the "not for sale" message is genuine.

That number would be British record for defender and would leave Everton with about £30m after Barnsleys cut. Thats why that number is talked about so much.

I disagree - if we wanted to sell, the club would've hawked him around all the loaded clubs before now.

I honestly think the "not for sale" message is genuine.

Was said too strongly, prepared maybe the correct word. I don't want us to sell him full stop, but I just know several people's eyes on the board are lighting up at such figures.

Was said too strongly, prepared maybe the correct word. I don't want us to sell him full stop, but I just know several people's eyes on the board are lighting up at such figures.
Can they not see he is worth far more on the pitch than in the bank? I'm being naive again aren't I?

The 'not for sale' message issued gives me hope.

Can they not see he is worth far more on the pitch than in the bank? I'm being naive again aren't I?

The 'not for sale' message issued gives me hope.

It gave me hope too, hence why Ive bet on him staying. I've never really been extremely bothered about the board, but if this sale does take place without him forcing it himself it'll be the final straw for me. All ambition lost.

It gave me hope too, hence why Ive bet on him staying. I've never really been extremely bothered about the board, but if this sale does take place without him forcing it himself it'll be the final straw for me. All ambition lost.
He didn't appear to be a player who looked like he was looking for a move either yesterday or last Sunday, certainly not in the way Lescott basically gibbed us all off publicly at Goodison against Arsenal.

There's been none of that from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.