John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stones wouldn't have been anywhere near this game if DM was still in charge.

Well done lad, great performance and looks like he will make it at Everton.
Disagree. The youngsters often played pre season friendlies under moyes. It's when the real stuff started he seemed reluctant to throw them in.

Lets see if Martinez throws one or 2 in when the real stuff starts. Ive a hunch he might but we'll see.

Last edited:
Stones wouldn't have been anywhere near this game if DM was still in charge.

Well done lad, great performance and looks like he will make it at Everton.

Probably. But he definitely wouldn't have been anywhere near this game if Moyes didn't buy him in the first place.

That tackle to take a tap in from Llorente was Jagielka-esque.

I think Distin might not be a starter if Stones carries in form into pre-season.

It depends if we start with the two or three centrebacks.

I think Martinez will want his three most comfortable on the ball centre backs to be playing and although I've not seen much of Alcaraz, he seems to be pretty good on the ball so when fit I could see him replacing Distin. Might not of course.

remember reading up on this fella when we first got him,a Barnsley fan posted also singing his praises.some people were posting he wasn't the type of player we should of got during the window and there was a feeling he was a bit of a let down signing.

say there's a few Lids this morning happy now .

Disagree. The youngsters often played pre season friendlies under moyes. It's when the real stuff started he seemed reluctant to throw them in.

Lets see if Martinez throws one or 2 in when the real stuff starts. Ive a hunch he might but we'll see.

This sort of game counts as the real stuff. I think Roberto will give the lads far more time than that Man Utd manager would...

Saw Stones on telly playing for young England and again this morning, he looks very composed and seems to have a nice turn of speed. Hope to see him in and around the first team this season.

He'll play them, and when a mistake is made the youngster won't be immediately subbed and sent to Siberia like Barkley was by the Man Utd manager.
Heh, truth that. Was pretty damn curious what happened to Barkley for over half a year after a couple of less than stellar performances!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back