John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think that's neccessarily true. If Duffy was recalled today, he'd be ahead of Browning on the bench.

He's the highest rated player in the Championship, or something like that.

Well from everything Martinez has said about Browning being ready to step up and the fact he's not had Duffy anywhere near the first team squad since the first few weeks of pre season I'd have to disagree.

Guess we'll have go wait and see.

Well from everything Martinez has said about Browning being ready to step up and the fact he's not had Duffy anywhere near the first team squad since the first few weeks of pre season I'd have to disagree.

Guess we'll have go wait and see.

Well he's out on loan. Also, think Martinez was bigging Duffy up in the press as well.

Well he's out on loan. Also, think Martinez was bigging Duffy up in the press as well.

So was Browning, who was sent to a better team competing at a higher level playing better football. When we were short of cover at the back it was Browning who was recalled not Duffy.

Like a said time will tell, but the obvious signs are that Browning is held in higher regard.

So was Browning, who was sent to a better team competing at a higher level playing better football. When we were short of cover at the back it was Browning who was recalled not Duffy.

Like a said time will tell, but the obvious signs are that Browning is held in higher regard.

Doesn't that make Duffy's performances that more impressive, as he's in a awful Yeovil side?

Don't think that's neccessarily true. If Duffy was recalled today, he'd be ahead of Browning on the bench.

He's the highest rated player in the Championship, or something like that.

Yep, he's top of the WhoScored (seems to be the new Opta) player ratings in the Championship

Doesn't that make Duffy's performances that more impressive, as he's in a awful Yeovil side?

No not really, especially when you consider Yeovil's goal difference is the 3rd worst in the league.

I will leave it there and bow out, you obviously rate Duffy highly and I hope the lad does well were ever he ends up.

Duffy has higher experience and deserves to be ahead of Browning.

The latter, however, is held in high regard due to what seems to be a short time of immense growth. When he came into the academy he seemed like another lad in the squad but it only took about half a year before he started captaining, got switched over from designated RB to regular CB, and started featuring prominently. Never seen him play but judging from the appearances and responsibilities he's recieving he must be one of the more gifted, with-the-right-attitude kind of lads.

So i'm glad for Tyias, but i'm really really eager to see Duffy earn his studs.
Maybe we can loan him out to next year's PL relegation candidates.

Duffy has higher experience and deserves to be ahead of Browning.

The latter, however, is held in high regard due to what seems to be a short time of immense growth. When he came into the academy he seemed like another lad in the squad but it only took about half a year before he started captaining, got switched over from designated RB to regular CB, and started featuring prominently. Never seen him play but judging from the appearances and responsibilities he's recieving he must be one of the more gifted, with-the-right-attitude kind of lads.

So i'm glad for Tyias, but i'm really really eager to see Duffy earn his studs.
Maybe we can loan him out to next year's PL relegation candidates.

Unless Duffy gets pace and technical ability from somewhere though mate it's hugely unlikely that he will ever really make the grade here, Browning has the pace and ability on the ball to play the system Martinez eventually wants, i think Duffy will go on to have a good career though as a team which suits what he does well and what he lacks

Unless Duffy gets pace and technical ability from somewhere though mate it's hugely unlikely that he will ever really make the grade here, Browning has the pace and ability on the ball to play the system Martinez eventually wants, i think Duffy will go on to have a good career though as a team which suits what he does well and what he lacks

I hate the thought of Shane Duffy: decade-long stalwart of the West Brom back four.

Duffy is averaging 6 aerial wins a game in 28 appearances, and has 7 MotM nods in the Championship in an awful Yeovil team. Seems that he's cutting his teeth in a very tough situation, can only be great for his development. Not saying he's Prem level yet but he's not a bad player clearly.

Duffy is averaging 6 aerial wins a game in 28 appearances, and has 7 MotM nods in the Championship in an awful Yeovil team. Seems that he's cutting his teeth in a very tough situation, can only be great for his development. Not saying he's Prem level yet but he's not a bad player clearly.

Yah, not affording him a proper run in the first team next season would be criminal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back