John Textor / Everton Takeover

Matt Slater is the only reputable journalist that The Athletic have. He does genuine work unlike the other lot there.

If Matt Slater says something, I trust what he says as I know he definitely does investigative journalism.

Ha Ha Ha.

There may well be no takeover happening, but let me guarantee you one thing: the likes of Slater dont know either way.

You won't know if you don't listen, no dig, but it's a proper gut punch. Whatever sources he may or may not have, in this piece he seemed genuine.

I know he's a journo and all that, but, at some point we have to put some faith somewhere?
I'll give it a listen later. I doubt it'll have anything substantial in it though.

lol it would have been wise to stop after the first comment, but you go ahead and Damo and double down. You are starting to sound like you would fit in with the clubs ownership...

I bet you also think all those articles about Castore paying 20m+ a year are not real.

You've cited Tottenham Stadium's figures as those that apply to BMD.

They have a bigger capacity. 62,303 versus Everton's 52,888 (ca. 18% bigger)

They have a bigger hospitality capacity. 8000 Premium Seats + 70 Lounges versus Everton's 5,334 premium seats + 9 Lounges

They have a retractable pitch and other features for non-football events.

You've tried to compare a larger stadium and then claimed that BMD will get the same revenues.

We will not.

Everton remain in limbo as “nothing is happening” on the takeover front at Goodison Park, according to Matt Slater.

Speaking on The Athletic FC Podcast (4 September), Slater said he had made several calls this week to people with an interest in the club, but is yet to hear of anyone making a breakthrough in negotiations.
Why would anyone involved tell him anything ?

There's a reason it's called "Exclusivity period"

Far easier to say nothing to report yet.

So what is it Matt Slater is actually saying? It isn’t happening, he doesn’t have a clue, or nobody told him anything of note because all the people he knows don’t know anybody that knows anything either. I appreciate that.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.