John Textor

I’m not sure I heard anything new in the video and I also don’t think he knows anything much about it to be honest. Appreciate the link though.

Just listened to it mate.

Something and nothing, wasn't it?

Basically he's saying what we all knew to be the case: he has to shift those Palace shares, and until then the rest is log-jammed.

He's not saying Textor cant or won't do it.

I really cant see what the hullabaloo was over that video. If we'd won our last game it wouldn't have even been mithered with, but everything has to be doom now.

🤷‍♂️
Hasn't got the money or the backing he needs, another playing pass the parcel with loans & debts and seeking to hoodwink others with a stock float.

Suits Moshiri as he needs to play this game for as long as possible to keep himself in the public eye before the vultures swoop on his oligarch linked vulnerability.

Matt Slater also stated on Twitter, not long after the Friedkin deal was called off that he'd heard of another potential wealthy group who was interested and would reveal their name the following week.
He then backtracked when he didn't reveal them once it never materialised.
He also harps on about the debt with Friedkin and 777, as if Textor is unaware of it and will be absolutely devastated when he gets to learn about it.

Matt Slater knows as much as me and you

Matt Slater also stated on Twitter, not long after the Friedkin deal was called off that he'd heard of another potential wealthy group who was interested and would reveal their name the following week.
He then backtracked when he didn't reveal them once it never materialised.
He also harps on about the debt with Friedkin and 777, as if Textor is unaware of it and will be absolutely devastated when he gets to learn about it.

Matt Slater knows as much as me and you

Yes I mean there's no way Textor doesn't know about that debt. The money owed to Freidkin is not due to be paid until July, and can convert to equity.

And yet, another attempted buyout seems to have stalled.
Possible of course that he’s right, Textor can’t sell his stake in palace so can’t even get started buying us.
I reckon TFG is ultimately going to own us by default when we can’t repay their loan.
Same but would not shock me if textor did but us looks as crazy as moshiri

What I learnt from that video (cheers @Nymzee) is that the Palace shares are nowhere near sold and nothing like as valuable as Textor thinks they are.

45% stake for 25% of the vote isn't a good deal for any new money going into that club. He's talking up his vision, but, he's sunk too much in Palace, broken Lyon and isn't going to get anywhere near Everton no matter how hard he talks it up.

But, again, those sums we owe, the complexity of the 777 loan, the amounts Moshiri has wasted. We're just not worth the amounts needed and the hassle in our current form.

Just listened to it mate.

Something and nothing, wasn't it?

Basically he's saying what we all knew to be the case: he has to shift those Palace shares, and until then the rest is log-jammed.

He's not saying Textor cant or won't do it.

I really cant see what the hullabaloo was over that video. If we'd won our last game it wouldn't have even been mithered with, but everything has to be doom now.

🤷‍♂️
I guess your point on our loss to Bournemouth has some bearing on our glass half full interpretation and yes, not a great deal more than what we know and surmise about the situation but it just puts into perspective how far away from any resolution we actually are.

I get your point though.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back