John Textor / Everton Takeover

Not suggesting he was caught off guard, just that maybe if you put questions to him he will answer them with his honest feelings, regardless of whether he "should". I don't know if that's the case, but my point is it says a lot about modern football that when a guy appears to be communicating openly and without a filter we view that with more suspicion than the veil of silence because bland nothingspeak is what we're so used to.

I guess I'm in the minority, I don't really want to hear what he has to say about the football side. I appreciated Thelwell's communication at the end of last season, he was sharing information directly related to his job. And a large portion of Dyche's job is sitting in front of a camera, of course his answers will be vanilla. Media-wise, he's the most visible figure at the club and always will be (the manager, not Dyche himself).

Even in that interview, Textor contradicts himself by saying he hasn't even thought about the manager, then effectively outlines what Dyche needs to do to keep his job. Mind you, the guy not only does not own Everton, he owns another competing club...

I think he's a bit flippant and speaks like one of us would, which I don't really think is a good thing. The (potential) highest ranking official at the club should show some discretion.

Having said all of that, whatever he provides is much better than what we have now. He has access to capital that the current owner does not, which is what we need. I would have preferred TFG, but I'd also like a billion dollars.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back