John Textor / Everton Takeover

Sounds like a loose cannon to be.

But he could be our loose cannon.

This is all getting a bit mad isn't it Zat.

I used to come on here for the football not the finance and profile of owners

Depends if you want a Mourinho type as owner.

Fairly sure Textor has links to the duPont family I think which might explain some of it.

Distant links i think like great or great great grandfather...hes a middle class guy who made money from building and selling companies i think.

Don't think you actually know that's what he was going to do

Yet i was bang on. Must have been an amazing guess lol

I sincerely hope for you that it won't happen. Textor is nothing mord than a chancer. A talented and sympathetic one, but a chancer. He turned our club (OL) into a proper circus when we used to be a very well run club. Since he took over, many subcontractors complained about the delays in the payments from the club. Yesterday, Metz formally complained to the league that Lyon didn't pay acording to agreed installments for the transfer of Mikautadze. I really would not wish that to any other supporters.

You'll enjoy this:

I'd rather not go from a 10/10 to a 9/10 loon just because it's less loon.
Why do people say textor is a loon or a loose cannon?

From what I have seen, he's:
- Called out corrupt refs in brazil
- talked about wanting to sell palace because he doesn't have full control and wants to buy us
- spent a decent wedge at lyon

That hardly screams loon to me.

Seems utter madness to me that we are letting an owner of another club in the league have in depth access to our books
Get where your coming from, but i think its pretty apparent we’re a financial disaster atm, can’t imagine there’s any huge surprises.

Does seem odd that he would be allowed intimate knowlage of when and for how much we may need to make player sales by though, unless there’s a NDA to prevent him form sharing the info with Palace Co. Ltd.

Why do people say textor is a loon or a loose cannon?

From what I have seen, he's:
- Called out corrupt refs in brazil
- talked about wanting to sell palace because he doesn't have full control and wants to buy us
- spent a decent wedge at lyon

That hardly screams loon to me.

I'm talking loon in the sense of no real idea how to own and financially run a football club in a healthy way.

Not that he talks to stray cats.

Get where your coming from, but i think its pretty apparent we’re a financial disaster atm, can’t imagine there’s any huge surprises.

Does seem odd that he would be allowed intimate knowlage of when and for how much we may need to make player sales by though, unless there’s a NDA to prevent him form sharing the info with Palace Co. Ltd.
We are a financial wreck, we all know that, but I don’t think anyone really knows what that is until they actually look at the books (like TFG did and then ran away). And if he doesn’t buy us, even with an NDA, he can potentially use that knowledge in pressuring us around signings before the financial year ends etc.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.