John Textor / Everton Takeover

There are ways of doing things Zat and his way is not how you go about things. This will fall apart like every other takeover imo.

He called the Brazilian league fixed. Palmeiras were clearly being backed to win.

He then said the investigation into that was also fixed as it was a Palmeiras fan who did the investigation -- without calling several key witnesses.

What would have been the way he should have done things?

Why do people say textor is a loon or a loose cannon?

From what I have seen, he's:
- Called out corrupt refs in brazil
- talked about wanting to sell palace because he doesn't have full control and wants to buy us
- spent a decent wedge at lyon

That hardly screams loon to me.

Refs & league look corrupt as heck in Brazil based on his claims and what happened in the league. His team Botafogo were 1st and then Palmeiras overtook them extremely suspiciously & the investigation was done...

...by a Palmeiras fan who didnt call witnesses.

Think he also called out PSG owners.

He called the Brazilian league fixed. Palmeiras were clearly being backed to win.

He then said the investigation into that was also fixed as it was a Palmeiras fan who did the investigation -- without calling several key witnesses.

Fans: "we wish owners would call out the corruption in football".

Also fans: "it's embarrassing that textor would publicly call out corruption in football".

He seems to have been wanting us for a while, and had to sit back whilst others had exclusivity. Now it's his shot/opportunity. He must have been successfully working on shifting his palace shares for him to now be in a position.

Not doing it on live TV in the aftermath of a game, do it through the proper channels.

Zat you are just getting excited as you think someone is going to come in and go on a spending spree.

Yep. I did say he comes across as a loony. But maybe it means also we wont be pushed around as easy.
I'm not unhappy about that

Tired of being the nice club, not making a fuss.

Man calls out unfairness where he sees it. Hope he'd do that for us as well instead of the meek rolling over and accepting that we see all too often

Surely this goes through, pending the Palace issue.

Textor will be coming into this knowing we're a financial basket case and if what he finds scares him off, then no one would risk it. Nobody you'd want to, anyway

Waiting for an Everton takeover…
waiting-forever.gif

Why do people say textor is a loon or a loose cannon?

From what I have seen, he's:
- Called out corrupt refs in brazil
- talked about wanting to sell palace because he doesn't have full control and wants to buy us
- spent a decent wedge at lyon

That hardly screams loon to me.
Yeah, what I've read he loves Palace and the premier league but doesn't like that he doesn't have full control there, and there is no pathway to him getting full control.

So he is looking around at other opportunities and Everton clearly checks a lot of boxes for him (big club/fanbase, new stadium, full control possible)

Yeah, what I've read he loves Palace and the premier league but doesn't like that he doesn't have full control there, and there is no pathway to him getting full control.

So he is looking around at other opportunities and Everton clearly checks a lot of boxes for him (big club/fanbase, new stadium, full control possible)

Funny that, sounds a bit like another PL club owner we all know…

Could Moshiri just be buying himself more time, again. Once the stadium is handed over and usable, surely the clubs worth more in 4 months time?..

Giving all these interested parties a good look into our underwear draw like Freidkin and Textor could just be a way of letting these vultures see what's on offer.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.