John Textor

Textor is a serious person mate, just like Friedken. The problem won't be on his end that I'm quite sure of.

The cynic in me is thinking Moshiri is just trying to kick the can down the road until the stadium is built though. And when he does finally go, MSP, Friedkin, Textor, Bell and Downing will probably carve out some sort of power sharing deal ala the Allies and Russia with Germany in 1945!
I agree that it is probably Moshiri who is the road block but there is always a blockage somewhere. The fact this Textor guy has got to sell his CP shares first is far from ideal though.

Textor is a serious person mate, just like Friedken. The problem won't be on his end that I'm quite sure of.

The cynic in me is thinking Moshiri is just trying to kick the can down the road until the stadium is built though. And when he does finally go, MSP, Friedkin, Textor, Bell and Downing will probably carve out some sort of power sharing deal ala the Allies and Russia with Germany in 1945!
So we end up with a wall bisecting the new stadium? Everton that.

Hiya mate I'm a bit late to the party but to give a counter point here, I think Textor selling his shares in Palace is probably a bit more straight forward than anyone taking over Everton. Palace are a fairly well ran club, and I imagine there are plenty of interested parties, possibly from the current shareholders to consolidate his shares beyond him selling them elsewhere. Moreover, it wouldn't be a takeover for Palace and they're not tied up in complicated stuff like we are with both FFP and the 777 loan fallout.

In short, if the story about him having been granted exclusivity is true then you can guarantee that he has a buyer for his shares lined up.

So why hasn't he waited until that sale has gone through and then announce "exclusivity"?

If that sale was going to go through so quickly and easily as you suggest?

It's very understandable that a fanbase that's seen a couple of suitors fall by the wayside will be cynical of this development.

However, this feels like we may be getting somewhere.
In what sense? That is interesting, because to me with Textor it seems that there are more barriers in place than before

Not sure this can all be pinned on Textor. He owns 45% but as far as I'm aware doesn't do the day to day stuff, so shouldn't this sit in Parish's wheelhouse?

Obviously the borrowing rates aren't great but whilst he only owns so much, why would you pay off debts or refinance as the guarantor when it makes others a lot better off who aren't pulling as much weight...

In what sense? That is interesting, because to me with Textor it seems that there are more barriers in place than before
No, less I would say.

Textor is now formally aware of the ongoing court case concerning 777 and is seemingly not put off by it. Also, there appears to be a willingness on the part of Palace to work with Textor to divest from that club.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back