John Textor

I thought he has has to sell that them because he cant own 2 clubs?

Both.

Textor has to sell his Palace shares to buy Everton. It was reported that Raine were appointed to do this. The sale will generate capital. The IPO of Eagle will also generate capital which may also be used for Everton. My point is that it doesn’t really matter if he is a billionaire today or not - although he probably will be if one or both of these transactions happen, if we assume the $800m happens to be the correct number for his personal wealth.

The IPO also involves him giving away equity for capital

Even if he buys Everton if they do an IPO he will only own a % of the company proportionate to his shareholding

An IPO doesn't magic money out of thin air and he doesn't get the money himself without giving something away

Both.

The IPO also involves him giving away equity for capital

Even if he buys Everton if they do an IPO he will only own a % of the company proportionate to his shareholding

An IPO doesn't magic money out of thin air and he doesn't get the money himself without giving something away
That’s right. But the possible combination of him receiving a premium (vs what he paid) on the sale of his Palace shares, plus the value of his Eagle shareholding post IPO, would add to his net worth calculation. Back to my original point, access to capital is more important than net worth though.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back