John Textor

…..from what I can see, other than a potential delay caused by selling his Palace shares nobody is objecting to this fella taking us over. I understand the process concerns but I take the consensus about the man himself as a positive.

A United GOT.

You’re assuming that the EPL would interpret that as also applying to blind trusts. Which you don’t know.
As a lawyer , happily retired I may add , this is a very interesting academic point.

I fear that on a strict interpretation our friend Damo may be correct in law.

However UEFA recently accepted a blind trust for Brexit Jim's shareholding in Nice to allow them to play in the same competition as United.

Obviously, unlike Damo , I haven't got a scooby what the wording of the UEFA rules are and frankly I've no great interest.

The more practical issue with Mr Textor may be that he actually needs the Dosh from the sale of his Palace shares to make the deal.

I used to prefer it when we chatted rubbish about football rather than the business of football.

Ah well , season starts tomorrow.

…..from what I can see, other than a potential delay caused by selling his Palace shares nobody is objecting to this fella taking us over. I understand the process concerns but I take the consensus about the man himself as a positive.

A United GOT.
I'm not so sure about that Eggs. I quite like the cut of big John's jib ( could be a fun ride) but it's worth noting that apparently in all the acquisitions of his other clubs he leveraged debt onto them.

Now if I understand the new rules correctly he can't do that to fund the purchase ( or at least is limited to how much he can do so ) but when he's got his feet under the table no reason why he couldn't loan against the stadium to repay himself and fund it that way.

Prospective buyers (or anyone external - other than Auditors, potentially) dont get FULL access to any information. Financial or otherwise under a Heads of terms or a period of exclusivity.

They get access to a "Data Room" (Basically a secure file sharing site) that Everton will create and agree what data (financial and otherwise) that would be relevant to any buyers that should be added and made available. Everton will have full control over what is shared, buyers can request more info and Everton can decide if its relevant or how to control access or use etc.

(Your talking like we just give them an user account on our ERP and let them wire in with full access to everything!)

I was really impressed until you said "your talking like" instead of 'you're talking like...' tut tut.

He can't even sign an agreement to purchase the club as that could be by virtue of a contract to purchase - be considered as him having a "beneficial interest" even before shares are transfered

This whole thing is a very bad idea and it reminds me of the days when people said Everton would never fall foul of FFP/STTC/P&S

You recall? When they said it meant nothing?

An 8 point deduction later and those people who think the rules don't apply to us look very stupid

It's more Moshiri taking risks with the club because he's a reckless idiot
I should think that Mr Textor is fully aware of his situation with regard to his Palace shares .
In fact he mentioned the fact at the same time as he expressed an interest in owning us.
I suspect he has approached Moshiri now purely because he is confident that he has a resolution to his Palace shares.
After all , if he just wanted to take a chance , he could have done that months ago when he first went public .

As a lawyer , happily retired I may add , this is a very interesting academic point.

I fear that on a strict interpretation our friend Damo may be correct in law.

However UEFA recently accepted a blind trust for Brexit Jim's shareholding in Nice to allow them to play in the same competition as United.

Obviously, unlike Damo , I haven't got a scooby what the wording of the UEFA rules are and frankly I've no great interest.

The more practical issue with Mr Textor may be that he actually needs the Dosh from the sale of his Palace shares to make the deal.

I used to prefer it when we chatted rubbish about football rather than the business of football.

Ah well , season starts tomorrow.

I'm concerned as much as anything Moshiri is acting recklessly (remember that word from the PSR independent commissions? "recknlessness" :dodgy: ) yet again with Everton

He's running the risk of getting Everton punished severely with how he is yet again acting. Him and Textor

Someone has to speak out about it. We've had 8 points of point deduction penalties already due to this recklessness of him and Bill Kenwright 🤷‍♂️

We don't want any more. We cannot as some are doing on here, wishfully interpret the rules as you want them to say. But based on what they say.

This whole thing is nonsense and it's reckless nonsense as well. :dodgy:

I should think that Mr Textor is fully aware of his situation with regard to his Palace shares .
In fact he mentioned the fact at the same time as he expressed an interest in owning us.
I suspect he has approached Moshiri now purely because he is confident that he has a resolution to his Palace shares.
After all , if he just wanted to take a chance , he could have done that months ago when he first went public .

Wishful thinking mate, I'm afraid. If he's got firm offers and contracts to sell now, he should be declaring that right now.

Not sure I really understand what's so difficult to understand about this.

He has shares in Palace. Before he takes ownership in Everton, he needs to sell those. The sale won't go through until he does.

From Steve Parrish's quotes it seams like he already has at least one option to sell those.

I don't really think the blind trust is an option, even if it did follow the PL rules. At some point they need to be sold, they can't sit in a trust indefinitely.

I'm concerned as much as anything Moshiri is acting recklessly (remember that word from the PSR independent commissions? "recknlessness" :dodgy: ) yet again with Everton

He's running the risk of getting Everton punished severely with how he is yet again acting. Him and Textor

Someone has to speak out about it. We've had 8 points of point deduction penalties already due to this recklessness of him and Bill Kenwright 🤷‍♂️

We don't want any more. We cannot as some are doing on here, wishfully interpret the rules as you want them to say. But based on what they say.

Wishful thinking mate, I'm afraid. If he's got firm offers and contracts to sell now, he should be declaring that right now.
Calm down dear boy. Nothing you say or do will make a blind ( see what I did there ) bit of difference.
Carry on like this and you'll have a heart attack and miss the start of the season.

Calm down dear boy. Nothing you say or do will make a blind ( see what I did there ) bit of difference.
Carry on like this and you'll have a heart attack and miss the start of the season.

Mate, 8 points deductions and an idiotic current owner who's talking to someone who owns almost half of another competitor team. Is it any wonder?

How will Everton get punished?

Why are you so worried?
If the sale breaches the rules it will not be passed by the PL, and Textor will be in the same position as 777 , sale agreed but approval denied.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back