Transfer Rumour Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
If someone could predict the future and could tell me right now he would be fit for 20+ plus matches next season, I would take him in a heartbeat, because he is a consistently good defender.

Unfortunately we can't take the risk on an injury prone player at this time, but there was a time 3 or 4 years ago when we absolutely should have been looking to sign him, and we made a mistake not to sign him.

If someone could predict the future and could tell me right now he would be fit for 20+ plus matches next season, I would take him in a heartbeat, because he is a consistently good defender.

Unfortunately we can't take the risk on an injury prone player at this time, but there was a time 3 or 4 years ago when we absolutely should have been looking to sign him, and we made a mistake not to sign him.
He's away to Manchester United anyway

Eric Bailly and Evans would be a fun partnership for that one week of a season they’d both be fit. Maybe even sign Jones on a free to make it a back three. I can just picture the press conference as all three new signings are unveiled

Attachments

• C2EBE41F-0C28-4FF9-903A-2ACAAF5F1A88.jpeg
    C2EBE41F-0C28-4FF9-903A-2ACAAF5F1A88.jpeg
    139.1 KB · Views: 49
So he’s good enough to get a short term contract for man United, but not Everton according to our footballing forum experts.

That does have a touch of hilarity about it.
Isn't his contract just for pre-season? Aren't they doing it just so he can get a visa for their tour so he can train with them? It seems like their just doing him a favour while he finds a permanent club.

I think Utd will let him go elsewhere if they can’t shift McGuire.
Personally I would have kept Mina but bringing Evans in would surely mean we could get rid of Godfrey and Holgate.

It was the worst con of all time.
But some Everton fans are just conditioned now to expect the very worst and even hope for it...we saw that too often during that relegation struggle last season.
It's a terrible mentality to have.
Didn't you say nobody of a sound mind could see anything but relegation, that Dyche should walk and that Everton FC would be the biggest cultural victim of the war in Ukraine?

They all sounded very like someone who was expecting the worst.

I think Utd will let him go elsewhere if they can’t shift McGuire.
Personally I would have kept Mina but bringing Evans in would surely mean we could get rid of Godfrey and Holgate.
We didn't hold the cards with keeping Mina sadly - his contact was up and he, or his agent at least, was determined he would be moving elsewhere

Sorry Dave you're quite right - You didn't say Dyche *should* walk. I'm misremembering that thread - you actually said there was no chance of him keeping us up and he'd be down the road once we were relegated.

2 out of 3 ain't bad though.

"Everton FC will be the biggest cultural victim of the Ukraine War. Make no mistake about that"
- https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/club-statement.114601/post-9461661

"There's no sort of team to be had in this squad that can get us the points we require to get safe. There isn't a person of sound mind who'd disgree with that statement."
- https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/...he-walk-after-last-night.117028/post-10319043

Status
Not open for further replies.