2023/24 Jordan Pickford

First game I've been able to get to this season, I'd forgetten what a nerve wracking clown this keeper is in the flesh. Zero presence in his box, the worst kicking game you could hope to see and the absolutely pointless hysteria and screaming. No doubt he is capabale of world class saves and his loyalty is admirable, but he inspires no calm at all on the pitch.
I hate seeing his name on the team sheet.

Pickers' game this season, particularly his mid-level (30-40 yard) distribution has seemingly improved over last season and that is nice to see considering we are so wasteful in possession and his long-range (60-70 yard) distribution is sometimes suspect. This improvement can also be down to Dyche playing more midfielders and packing the pitch in the center, idk.

Mind boggling the tripe spoken about this lad on here, Englands best keeper has improved his all round game tremendously yet he's still not good enough for us a team that's narrowly avoided relegation the last two seasons through no fault of his own???? Some people really need to have a good look at our team and start aiming their vitriol at those that deserve it.

Mind boggling the tripe spoken about this lad on here, Englands best keeper has improved his all round game tremendously yet he's still not good enough for us a team that's narrowly avoided relegation the last two seasons through no fault of his own???? Some people really need to have a good look at our team and start aiming their vitriol at those that deserve it.
despite the media trying to promote the alternatives beyond their status into the England #1 slot, Pickford is the best England have available and I'd say one of the best 2 or 3 in the league.

Still crap dealing with crosses, (see wolves winner if you don`t believe how bad he is at that part of his game)

Still crap dealing with crosses, (see wolves winner if you don`t believe how bad he is at that part of his game)
He would never had let in that goal the Sheffield United keeper did yesterday and that could be the difference for us. The standard of keeping is poor in the league but Pickford is currently one of the better ones

His reflex stops are top drawer but I’m never sure about his positioning. For example yesterday, Nunes was always going to play in salah. I appreciate it’s tricky and he had to consider his angles if nunes shot but I think he was well out of position and the salah finish was too easy.

Also, his long distribution was awful, but in his defence, he was probably told to go long and van dijk was always favourite to stop DCL from doing anything effective when he was so isolated.

Couple of important saves. Also passed really well today, including a lovely drilled ball along the floor to Doucoure, who wasted no time in passing it 20 yards backwards. Oh well.
The passing back from whoever it is, when we are close to the 18 yard box, is very annoying at times, it takes us an age sometimes to get so close, to then go backwards so fast