2023/24 Jordan Pickford

There is not a single other keeper we could replace him with who is better

Not saying there aren't better keepers in world football than him, but none of those would come to us

Pickford is 100% the best keeper a club in our position could have, and it's been that way for years

Love how much it winds up fans of other clubs that he's England #1 too

He's simply the best English goalkeeper, and unlike his challengers he plays every week

Thankfully Southgate has kept picking him despite us being crap for so long, and that has definitely helped with us holding on to him. In the past other England managers might not have picked him because he played for Everton, even though he's demonstrably the best option, but Southgate has picked him regardless, and that's been a huge boost for us because he hasn't had to move to get into the England team

The thing was that during his very poor spell with us he was playing extremely well for England so Southgate had no reason to drop him, on that basis. Added to the fact that when others were given their chance in friendlies etc. they did not take the chance and some even stank the place out.

It was also obvious (in the end) that his poor spell was psychological, as somebody said, he may be on the spectrum and that game at St. James's really affected him, as everybody could see he went too far and did not back it up with a performance. He started to see somebody and has grown into the top level consistent goalkeeper he is today.

I think he's brilliant. He has grown on me over the years and it used to annoy me when he would get involved with the Newcastle/Liverpool supporters but the last few seasons he has been incredible in goal and staying at the club when he could walk into a team at the top end of the table shows the character of the man. Would love to see him build a career here and the likes of him and Seamus deserve to be lifting silverware in the next couple of seasons.

I hope he enjoyed last night. That was his derby and I really hope he enjoyed every minute of it.

You don't have to imagine. Near the end of the first half he had a little chat with us in the Street End: he said (and I quote)
"I f****** hate these c****!"

What a guy, am sure he is on the spectrum! lol
Deffo ADHD. I think he has OCD as he does lots of the traits. I have OCD myself so I can see it in him. Then again, top bloke who hates those who punch horses.

I was and have never been Pickfords biggest fan. However, over the last year or two he’s certainly improved. Keepers do get better with age. I feel like the stupid errors have almost gone.