2023/24 Jordan Pickford

He's a really good shot stopper & decent with one on ones but i long for the day we have a keeper who comes out & claims crosses. Both Pickford & Coleman were at fault for that goal.
It's annoying as Pickford has clearly saved our skin on a good few occasions over the last few seasons but i do wonder how many situations have been created because he rarely comes out & claims a ball in the air.
How many times has a defender put it out for a corner or cleared the ball as far as the edge of the box or just poorly in general which recycles the attack of the opposition because Pickford won't catch a ball?
90% Coleman that

He's a really good shot stopper & decent with one on ones but i long for the day we have a keeper who comes out & claims crosses. Both Pickford & Coleman were at fault for that goal.
It's annoying as Pickford has clearly saved our skin on a good few occasions over the last few seasons but i do wonder how many situations have been created because he rarely comes out & claims a ball in the air.
How many times has a defender put it out for a corner or cleared the ball as far as the edge of the box or just poorly in general which recycles the attack of the opposition because Pickford won't catch a ball?
It is defo a weakness. Not a good weakness to have. Like you say great at saving shots and one on ones but have to agree he is quite hopeless at crosses. He may be scared of getting hurt I just don't know. He doesn't dominate his 6 yd box at all

I have a big fear and I’m sorry for bringing it up if you haven’t thought of it yet
When Pickford used to make a mistake, he always had two or three more in him
The most publicised was the Origi goal which then saw him play awful for months
That mistake was his first ever for England and then he’s followed it up with that calamity with Coleman
Tuesday we’re going to Newcastle, blow up dinosaurs and 90 minutes of ‘banter’ (abuse)
Could be a disaster

I'm loathe to criticise him but both goals were from a ball crossed into the 6 yard box. He's never been one to dominate his box, its the one real flaw in his game.
One flaw?
His passing out of defence is terrible.

His shot parrying skill is questionable.

His positioning in free kick is dodgy.

His mad obsession with keeping hold of the ball instead of searching for quick counter is frustrating.