2023/24 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pickford is a very good keeper, who has been rock solid for his country for many seasons. Some of the shabite the 'pundits' come out with is extraordinarily. Speaking of which, I was driven up the wall during last night's England game by Shearer constantly referring to Alexander Arnold as 'Trent' .
Who was the main commentator last night, was it Mowbray? I usually turn the sound off straightaway, but made the mistake of listening this time, He was excruciatingly obsequious after the goal, and Shearer sounded pretty desperate to big them up as well, even during that crap second half.

Who was the main commentator last night, was it Mowbray? I usually turn the sound off straightaway, but made the mistake of listening this time, He was excruciatingly obsequious after the goal, and Shearer sounded pretty desperate to big them up as well, even during that crap second half.
Yeah, it was Guy Mowbray mate.

Was out with an RS mate on Saturday and he singled out Pickford as the weakest link in the England back line, and also thought Southgate had cocked-up by not taking Quansah. It really is tunnel vision with them.
I point blank refuse to talk about football with any RS mates I have.
There just isn’t any point

The pundits are coming round to him now. It is supporters of teams with English keepers that will not accept him

Problem is, it's a full 180 turn now to, he's too good for us...

Wouldn't pay much attention to anything David James says:

"Manuel Neuer has been injured for a while – they’re slightly different styles of goalkeeper, Pickford is much more comfortable with his feet than Manuel Neuer, who’s a big unit, granted. I’m confident in an England team when Jordan’s in goal, put it that way.”

Wouldn't pay much attention to anything David James says:

"Manuel Neuer has been injured for a while – they’re slightly different styles of goalkeeper, Pickford is much more comfortable with his feet than Manuel Neuer, who’s a big unit, granted. I’m confident in an England team when Jordan’s in goal, put it that way.”
True, but it's the predictability of the comments, they were coming.

This tournament goes one of two ways for Pickford. The media finds no fault with him, lauds him and engineers a transfer or he makes a perceived error that costs England and he stays were he belongs, in a 'smaller' club

To be fair mate, its one of the most obvious questions at Everton for the last 3/4 years is why is he still here? Why does he not angle for a move?
He should be playing in Europe every year, at the top table.

My only explanation can be he is a bit mental and for some reason loves the Toffees

Posted by a City fan on a WhatsApp group I’m on;

No-one seems to be calling out Pickford. Great shot stopper, but he always just lumps the ball out which invariably ends up back with the opposition, and so they start another attack.

For once, just pass the effin' ball to one of ours!

Some people seem desperate to find a way of criticising him. It’s just bizarre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back