2023/24 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posted by a City fan on a WhatsApp group I’m on;

No-one seems to be calling out Pickford. Great shot stopper, but he always just lumps the ball out which invariably ends up back with the opposition, and so they start another attack.

For once, just pass the effin' ball to one of ours!

Some people seem desperate to find a way of criticising him. It’s just bizarre

If England’s outfield players weren’t so incompetent at passing the ball then the ball wouldn’t be back with Pickford so often. At least Pickford is brave enough to try a forward pass into the forwards, last night’s game was beyond boring watching all these ‘world class’ midfield players passing sideways and backwards terrified of losing the ball. It’s easy just to go all the way back to Pickford and then blame him for England losing the ball.

Rice, Alexander Arnold, Bellingham Foden and Saka all need to be a lot better if England are going anywhere in these euros. They’ve got Pickford to thank they didn’t draw the first game.

It was tiresome listening to him fawn over Arnold for the extreme basics while being prepared to consistently overlook his awful postioning and gifting away of possession.
Yes I watched the first half and thought he was poor, apparently he’s in the team for his vision and passing ability didn’t see any of it first half.

Joe Hart of all people spoke really well before the game and pretty much the only person who actually stood up for Pickford and gave him his props. There's an irrational and random hatred for him amongst a lot of the media/ex footballers. They are just waiting for him to make any resemblance of a mistake so they can be all over him like a cheap suit from Burton.

I think it's because he plays for Everton and therefore it's impossible that he can actually be any good. What a weird mentality to have?

In the circumstances his performances have been exceptional in competitive games for England. I think zero mistakes (he kicking error was a friendly and it happened because he was trying to overplay to give confidence to a defence who were all over the place and couldn't complete a 10 yard pass).

Rooney played his best football for England in 2004...yep he was playing for Everton at that time. His England form went downhill thereafter once he bought into club over country like so many others during that period.

No-one seems to be calling out Pickford. Great shot stopper, but he always just lumps the ball out which invariably ends up back with the opposition, and so they start another attack.

Perhaps super star Harry Kane could be bothered to win a header once in a while as his keeper is under pressure.

To be fair mate, its one of the most obvious questions at Everton for the last 3/4 years is why is he still here? Why does he not angle for a move?
He should be playing in Europe every year, at the top table.

My only explanation can be he is a bit mental and for some reason loves the Toffees
Pretty sure there's many on here who can relate to this

Yet his passing was still better than most outfield players. If he went short he would probably get blamed for inviting pressure on his defence. He can't win in the eyes of some.

Yet his passing was still better than most outfield players. If he went short he would probably get blamed for inviting pressure on his defence. He can't win in the eyes of some.
I have yet to see Pickford make the kind of mistake the ball-playing Ukraine goalkeeper has just made...

...and there are two reasons for that:

1. Pickford would have hoofed if put under such pressure, and
2. He would have gone ballistic with his idiot defenders for putting him in that position in the first place.

The Ukraine keeper looks a nice lad - far too nice in this case because, while he cocked up, he was sold down the river by a defender who landed him right in it.

I have yet to see Pickford make the kind of mistake the ball-playing Ukraine goalkeeper has just made...

...and there are two reasons for that:

1. Pickford would have hoofed if put under such pressure, and
2. He would have gone ballistic with his idiot defenders for putting him in that position in the first place.

The Ukraine keeper looks a nice lad - far too nice in this case because, while he cocked up, he was sold down the river by a defender who landed him right in it.

….putting the mockers on him there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back