2017/18 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could have had a penalty if not offside?........we don't know that and maybe the ref may have booked the split player for deliberately running into the keeper. That player did his utmost to get a penalty...he got one and tried several more times. The one when he had handbags with Williams..have you seen it, he actually kicks Pickford then twists in the air for effect. Runs into Besic and dramatically falls over, Williams does a good tackle but doesn't prevent him twisting and falling in a heap. He was at it all game.

So we do not know if Pickford would have been penalised. Still don't think many keepers would have saved that shot with the amount of movement on it so I don't blame him not in the slightest and anyone that does I believe has an issue with Pickford. He has done very well so far and a few are getting carried away and a few are trying to bring them down to earth by being ultra negative about him or just dismissing his play as the norm. I am in the middle...I see a good young keeper who has done very well thus far and is making my faith in him stronger.

But if you compare him with Martyn who is a legend then you are saying that.

I am saying that. I am directly comparing Pickford to Nigel Martyn in terms of the quality of his performances thus far.

If you cannot be impressed with Pickford up to now, despite an odd mistake (at 23 years of age) you need your head examining.

Takes me back to the Randy Lerner years this.

Could have had a penalty if not offside?........we don't know that and maybe the ref may have booked the split player for deliberately running into the keeper. That player did his utmost to get a penalty...he got one and tried several more times. The one when he had handbags with Williams..have you seen it, he actually kicks Pickford then twists in the air for effect. Runs into Besic and dramatically falls over, Williams does a good tackle but doesn't prevent him twisting and falling in a heap. He was at it all game.

So we do not know if Pickford would have been penalised. Still don't think many keepers would have saved that shot with the amount of movement on it so I don't blame him not in the slightest and anyone that does I believe has an issue with Pickford. He has done very well so far and a few are getting carried away and a few are trying to bring them down to earth by being ultra negative about him or just dismissing his play as the norm. I am in the middle...I see a good young keeper who has done very well thus far and is making my faith in him stronger.

I thought penalty and possible red card, so was quite relieved with the offside. Euro refs can be unpredictable.

Disagree with that. We need a cavalier GK like we need another Kenwright.

I cant agree with the generally massive ticks he's got so far from fans. I think he's done ok but I see things that are ropey.

Haha your priceless and full of it.
What world do you live in.
Is there anyone at Everton you even like dave??

Thats the first sensible post you've made in this thread today (re: Nigel Martyn).

However, you're failure to admit Pickford looks a prospect just looks silly.
I didn't say 'he doesn't look a prospect'...that's exactly what I said he is - a prospect.

...and that's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back