Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Juan Mata

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oh god, that website is an abomination. You just get attacked by adverts as soon as it loads up.

Still can't believe we're bidding £30m for someone who will be 30 next year. Utterly ridiculous.
erm man utd just signed a 34 year old striker who is probably going to be in their first team next season...

our best player last season was a 35 year old

I don't feel like matas age really has that much to do with it. He's not a winger and he's not there to charge around the field breaking up play. You need him to stay in a 10 square yard area and feed everyone else. Besides he's only 28, he's hardly reaching retirement is he

The thing is Mata's the kind of clever player that's not likely to be deteriorating until well into his 30's, similar to Beardsley or Strachan so i don't see a problem with the fee. It's the ones that relies on speed or physicality that often deteriorate quickly after the reach 30

The thing is Mata's the kind of clever player that's not likely to be deteriorating until well into his 30's, similar to Beardsley or Strachan so i don't see a problem with the fee. It's the ones that relies on speed or physicality that often deteriorate quickly after the reach 30

Eto'o springs to mind, although he still had ability he lost a lot of pace, quite a big attribute for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back