Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Juan Mata

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am not panicking just yet (as some seem to be) but at the same time I am a little disappointed. It's approaching mid-July and we've signed a reserve goalie for a nominal fee. It's just another average Everton summer.

Don't get me wrong I know there are reasons for the lack of action so far:
1) getting Koeman in took a while due to complications with Southampton
2) possible delay in getting transfer action started due to wanting a director of football (which it appears we're now not going to get)
3) all decent players are/were at the euros/copa America and are now on holiday
4) Koeman possibly wanted to start pre-season and see what he had before bidding for new players (although in my opinion you don't need to watch Kone train to know he's no good)
5) possibly the key reason for the delay-we don't know if stones and lukaku are leaving which wcould alter our transfer plans in a huge way.

However, certain issues are starting to worries me now. Why re-sign Gibson? Yeah, I know he's decent when fit but any of the current top 6 teams would've released him without thinking. You could say he is good back up, but the point of being a good back up player is that you are ready to come in when needed. Gibson isn't a good back because he's injured 50% of the time. Sod's law, when we need him he'll be unavailable.

I'm also a little worried about our supposed new wealth. Moshiri seems to be worth anything from 1.2-1.8 billion depending on who you ask. Ok, that's more than I'll ever have but in football terms it's not really that much. Especially in this brave new world where Watford are able to reject a £25 million bid for Troy Deeney. If your saying moshiri has 1.8 billion. That's "only" £1800 million. Equating to 56 Troy Deeneys (and that's without wages). Be surprised if he's going to blow his net worth 2-3 years of backing Everton in the transfer market.

In short I can totally understand people's frustrations. Evertonians have had false dawns before and are rightly pessimistic. With Moshiri for me it's a case of "show me the money" and when I see it I'll believe it.

p.s. mata and Witsel are goo players/better than what we have. However I'm. It too bothered if we miss out on them.

I am not panicking just yet (as some seem to be) but at the same time I am a little disappointed. It's approaching mid-July and we've signed a reserve goalie for a nominal fee. It's just another average Everton summer.

2) possible delay in getting transfer action started due to wanting a director of football (which it appears we're now not going to get)
4) Koeman possibly wanted to start pre-season and see what he had before bidding for new players (although in my opinion you don't need to watch Kone train to know he's no good)
5) possibly the key reason for the delay-we don't know if stones and lukaku are leaving which wcould alter our transfer plans in a huge way.

However, certain issues are starting to worries me now. Why re-sign Gibson? Yeah, I know he's decent when fit but any of the current top 6 teams would've released him without thinking. You could say he is good back up, but the point of being a good back up player is that you are ready to come in when needed. Gibson isn't a good back because he's injured 50% of the time. Sod's law, when we need him he'll be unavailable.

I'm also a little worried about our supposed new wealth. Moshiri seems to be worth anything from 1.2-1.8 billion depending on who you ask. Ok, that's more than I'll ever have but in football terms it's not really that much. Especially in this brave new world where Watford are able to reject a £25 million bid for Troy Deeney. If your saying moshiri has 1.8 billion. That's "only" £1800 million. Equating to 56 Troy Deeneys (and that's without wages). Be surprised if he's going to blow his net worth 2-3 years of backing Everton in the transfer market.

In short I can totally understand people's frustrations. Evertonians have had false dawns before and are rightly pessimistic. With Moshiri for me it's a case of "show me the money" and when I see it I'll believe it.

p.s. mata and Witsel are goo players/better than what we have. However I'm. It too bothered if we miss out on them.

Have you covered every thread with this post now boss?

But no one knows the exact amount of his asset.

Think about this. He is about 100 times richer than BK.

This means nothing to me...

56 Troy Deeneys, now theres a squad with some depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back