Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Juan Mata

Status
Not open for further replies.
But we know we've bid for witsel as zenit have stated. It's just his agents being greedy. As for mata if he wants to remain in the prem and first team football then.....

Then wouldn't Spurs or Arsenal be more tempting? Reckon they'd be in for him if he was available. Might be Utd wouldn't sell to a direct rival though. Only speculation this of course.

Then wouldn't Spurs or Arsenal be more tempting? Reckon they'd be in for him if he was available. Might be Utd wouldn't sell to a direct rival though. Only speculation this of course.

Why would Arsenal need another No.10 I suppose would be the main question? They've got loads and even Wenger can see that.

Spurs would be an option, but there's no indication they've been in for him. Plus as you said, Mourinho may view them as a rival.

This is %100 correct, until he hands in that request to go there is nothing doing. A lot of United fans like Mata, no way is Jose going to dump him right away unless the players makes it clear he wants out.
He was loved at Chelsea as well, didn't stop him there. Fairly sure all the Utd fans turned on mata a bit when we were strongly linked, would love him to come, just can't see it just yet.

The way I read the situation is this.

Jose/Club under estimated just how popular Mata is both with fans and squad; hence deal not completing weeks ago.
I expect a few wins and solid performances from Mikihatrayn, Rashford, Ibra, Martial etc will mean selling him isnt such a bad idea after all. Equally, Mata wont have seen many minutes and will be staring down the barrel again re Jose and his relationship.

Hence why I think he will leave last week of the window.

Obviously if this substitution is the humiliation it is being reported as, this may happen much quicker.

The Baines factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back