Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Juan Mata

Status
Not open for further replies.
£220k pw is sick and obscene.

I don't care if others are even more greedy this is really making me consider whether I give a damn about this "sport" and if this is what it takes for Everton to compete at the top then we have really joined the circus.

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum?

Probably we are moving to...

Nihil tam munitam quod non expugnari pecunia possit. (Cicero)

The fort in question being silverware.

The greed of players and agents is disgusting and depressing.

£220k pw is sick and obscene.

I don't care if others are even more greedy this is really making me consider whether I give a damn about this "sport" and if this is what it takes for Everton to compete at the top then we have really joined the circus.

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum?

Probably we are moving to...

Nihil tam munitam quod non expugnari pecunia possit. (Cicero)

The fort in question being silverware.

The greed of players and agents is disgusting and depressing.

Its also 99% wrong.

Isn't he on £175k pw at UTD. He would have to take a drop in wage to come to the club, but listening to that article he has his head screwed on and probably realises the difference between 120k and 175k pw isn't over the top.

120k pw, FML.
I read he was on £150k, which given we've reportedly offered Lukaku £135k a week would make it doable for us.

The only thing I can find says he's on 140k a week, sure we could offer that

I read he was on £150k, which given we've reportedly offered Lukaku £135k a week would make it doable for us.

I seen somewhere he was one 175k a week, end of the day if we are offering Lukaku roughly £130k a week, Mata would instantly get the same - and he has his head screwed on reading that "obscene amount of money" article.

I think little bit of wiggle room and i think it could happen.

I seen somewhere he was one 175k a week, end of the day if we are offering Lukaku roughly £130k a week, Mata would instantly get the same - and he has his head screwed on reading that "obscene amount of money" article.

I think little bit of wiggle room and i think it could happen.

Just give him the arl Football Manager tactic, lash a massive signing on fee in his bank account

This is probably going to get me pelters, but I'll say it regardless

Do we really need him?

As in, is there a gaping hole in the side that we desperately need Juan Mata to fill?

He's a big signing and a quality player certainly, but would he ultimately be a big signing for the sake of a big signing?

This isn't a WUM attempt BTW, it's just something I've been musing

Is it time we stop looking for big "statement" signings, and just start getting in the players who we most need?

Is it more important for Koeman to get the right players in and start building a strong team, or is it more important to see a big name player smiling while holding an Everton shirt, even if he's not really what we need at this moment in time?

I would like Mata but you are right. A deeper lying midfield player is what we are absolutely crying out for and Gueye is not enough for me. We need more quality in the middle of the park.

It's obscene the wages that players are getting paid now, but that is the market and if you want to compete you have to pay.

I would rather pay the money and start competing again, Everton arnt in the place to attract people like Pogba but if some one said would Mata do as a start the. I wouldn't say no and get quietly excited as to where we could end up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back