Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Juan Mata

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is true. We could behave like Kopites at RAWK though and worship the manager's every single decision. Which is ridiculous if you ask me.

Personally, I wasn't impressed by the appointment of Koeman. Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs and Man City all have better managers in my honest and brutal opinion.

Next season is going to be another slog I fear. I hope Ronald proves me very wrong of course.

For the lurking RS, Koeman has won more as a player and manager than Klopp has. Koeman also has a better overall win ratio in his managerial career...just saying.

Just my opinion but ultimately he has had a manager who hasn't helped him past the point of having the confidence to play him initially

Don't see any part of Barkleys game that has been developed more than it would have happened with even basic coaching, natural development, and with experience of playing, could argue certain parts of his game have regressed that he naturally had (free kicks being a noticeable one but if you don't practise them then what you expect)

Hopefully Koeman does go back in with him and really help him to develop his game as natural ability wise he far exceeds the likes of Deli Ali etc, now hopefully we will see that come out on the pitch, if he ends up a centre mid, or one of the attacking mids i have no idea, but under Bobby he would never be able to play more than that attacking mid role.

Barkleys maximum potential is as a box to box midfielder

He needs that space infront to bomb into and as his awarenwsss develops it gives the placing to split a defence with a placed through ball

When you say build a team around him thats actually literal here
Defensively he forces the oppposition to keep a man or evwn two back during set pieces and build ups incase they need to 'sacrifice' (yellow card or just overmarking) to counter his raw physicality
Offensively he's always there to move the opponents around
He'll never be a world class number ten, but he can create the space that'll make an above average n10 look world class
And he offers that howitzer from either foot

If i were to pick the team with two signings we could make this summer

Robles
Coleman funes baines
Besic(dm) barkley
Kev mata geri
Lukaku insigne

We'd see some horror shows in defence no doubt but besic has the potential to be a world class dm
Barkley the same in terms of box to box
Lukaku creates so much space thats only ever realised when kev/mccarthy shift forward to take advantage

That starting 11 is a team that offers unbelievable firepower and given patience could honestly mix it with the best in europe given 2 seasons of patience and coaching
Ledson offers cover for besic/barkley
And ive more faoth in robles than most on here

And honestly with the acceleration besic offers and defensive instincts this shifts from a 433 in defence to a 343 in attack

Some dreadfully shocking posts here ! All rather unsavoury.

Just my opinion but ultimately he has had a manager who hasn't helped him past the point of having the confidence to play him initially

Don't see any part of Barkleys game that has been developed more than it would have happened with even basic coaching, natural development, and with experience of playing, could argue certain parts of his game have regressed that he naturally had (free kicks being a noticeable one but if you don't practise them then what you expect)

Hopefully Koeman does go back in with him and really help him to develop his game as natural ability wise he far exceeds the likes of Deli Ali etc, now hopefully we will see that come out on the pitch, if he ends up a centre mid, or one of the attacking mids i have no idea, but under Bobby he would never be able to play more than that attacking mid role.

He needs that space infront to bomb into and as his awarenwsss develops it gives the placing to split a defence with a placed through ball

Defensively he forces the oppposition to keep a man or evwn two back during set pieces and build ups incase they need to 'sacrifice' (yellow card or just overmarking) to counter his raw physicality
He'll never be a world class number ten, but he can create the space that'll make an above average n10 look world class

Robles
Coleman funes baines
Besic(dm) barkley
Kev mata geri
Lukaku insigne

We'd see some horror shows in defence no doubt but besic has the potential to be a world class dm
Lukaku creates so much space thats only ever realised when kev/mccarthy shift forward to take advantage

That starting 11 is a team that offers unbelievable firepower and given patience could honestly mix it with the best in europe given 2 seasons of patience and coaching

And honestly with the acceleration besic offers and defensive instincts this shifts from a 433 in defence to a 343 in attack

If a teams diggong in for a lead or draw then swap kev and geri on the wings and increase the fullback overlap

This is true. We could behave like Kopites at RAWK though and worship the manager's every single decision. Which is ridiculous if you ask me.

Personally, I wasn't impressed by the appointment of Koeman. Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs and Man City all have better managers in my honest and brutal opinion.

Next season is going to be another slog I fear. I hope Ronald proves me very wrong of course.

What a very strange thing to post 7 days into the summer transfer window

Phil Kirkbride, from the Echo said in the Echo podcast (which was recorded yesterday) that his sources say there is nothing in the Mata link.

The Echo blatantly plagiarises this place in fact. There are proven instances of it.

Its beyond ironic that Trinity Mirror have ever had the temerity to contact @GrandOldTeam on copyright grounds at all.

I'm waiting on the signing. @The Esk said its happening. It'll only not happen if he fails a medical or something soft. So not too concerned.

The Echo blatantly plagiarises this place in fact. There are proven instances of it.

Its beyond ironic that Trinity Mirror have ever had the temerity to contact @GrandOldTeam on copyright grounds at all.

I'm waiting on the signing. @The Esk said its happening. It'll only not happen if he fails a medical or something soft. So not too concerned.

@Moomin got us in the papers once, so dont fret mate. Funny as buttons that was. Kenwyne Jones iirc.

Robles
Coleman funes baines
Besic(dm) barkley
Kev mata geri
Lukaku insigne

3-2-3-2? Don't think Baines and Coleman are centre-backs mate

Robles
Coleman funes baines
Besic(dm) barkley
Kev mata geri
Lukaku insigne

We'd concede 9 goals a game with that 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back