Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Juan Mata

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Mata would rather stay at United and fight for a place personally, however United will need to move a few on to balance the books and with United signing 2 star players who are likely to play in advanced midfield positions, where does Mata fit in?

I think they'll tell him he's done there and he'll reluctantly move on, but I think this one could drag on until the deadline.

He'll have plenty of takers willing and able to pay what he wants. We won't be one of them.

Hmmm... we'll see.

Teams that could afford his fee/wages...

RS - Utd would never sell to them, plus they have about 16 no.10s

Spurs - A possibility, though he wouldn't be guaranteed a starting place.

Arsenal - Loads of similar players. Would Mou sell to a direct 'rival'? (he never viewed Utd as a rival to CFC when Moyes was there)

Chelsea - Would he go back there? Again, no guarantee of a starting place and wouldn't really fit in Conte's system or style.

Atleti - Doubtful they could afford his wages, doesn't suit Simeone...

PSG - Could afford him, but again doesn't really suit Emery? A possibility though.

Valencia - Maybe, just about, they could afford his fee and salary for the season with the money they got for Gomes.

Real - No chance he's going there.

Barca - Would be a squad player and they've signed two or three midfielders this summer.

Juve - Again, a possibility, but unlikely due to system.

Inter - Possibly the most probable now that they have a few bob again.

Napoli - potentially could go for him with spare cash left over from Higuain.

Neither Bayern or Dortmund need nor want him.

Out of those realistic options, you've got three that are likely, I'd say...

Inter, Napoli and Spurs.

Hmmm... we'll see.

Arsenal - Loads of similar players. Would Mou sell to a direct 'rival'? (he never viewed Utd as a rival to CFC when Moyes was there)

Chelsea - Would he go back there? Again, no guarantee of a starting place and wouldn't really fit in Conte's system or style.

PSG - Could afford him, but again doesn't really suit Emery? A possibility though.

Valencia - Maybe, just about, they could afford his fee and salary for the season with the money they got for Gomes.

Barca - Would be a squad player and they've signed two or three midfielders this summer.

Inter, Napoli and Spurs.

You've missed Stoke off mate.

Hmmm... we'll see.

Inter, Napoli and Spurs.
West Ham ? Surely they will bid a week after we do.

https://twitter.com/ed_aarons/status/763300227373817856

'Bolasie deal brokered by former Sunderland chief executive Margaret Byrne. Everton also looking at Juan Mata and Rachid Ghezzal '

--- the bloke who broke the Bolasie story

Now mate, that Rachid Ghezzal is a player, I don't normally take any notice of youtube clips, because anyone can be made to look good, but his first touch, and close control are exquisite, and he has got a sweet left foot, would love him here.

Now mate, that Rachid Ghezzal is a player, I don't normally take any notice of youtube clips, because anyone can be made to look good, but his first touch, and close control are exquisite, and he has got a sweet left foot, would love him here.

Mahrez-lite by the sounds of it isn't he?

Here's a quote from that journo's article ---

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/aug/10/everton-yannick-bolasie-crystal-palace-close-28m

Manchester United’s Juan Mata has also been linked with a move to Goodison Park in the Dutch press, while Algeria winger Rachid Ghezzal is another potential target. West Ham submitted an £8m bid to Lyon on Tuesday but president Jean-Michel Aulas is keen to retain his services.

“I held his hand, I spoke to him. He wants me to talk with his advisers and I will call them this week to try to break the deadlock,” he told L’Equipe.

“I love Rachid, who is one of the symbols, with Nabil Fekir, of this Algerian community at Lyon. It would be really great that we can reach an agreement.

“We have received offers for him, including that of West Ham. I know Rachid will not leave Lyon so you have to find an agreement not to stay in a situation that is not good for neither party.”

To me looks like Lyon are determined to keep him. I've honestly never seen him play (not even a YT clip) or even heard of him.

Hmmm...

I reckon i'd give it like something around about a 38.122222291% chance that he will sign for us. And even that is being generous.

Having just spoke to my fat Man United supporting work colleague i'd like to raise this percentage to 46.8177177171% chance that he will sign for us.

Basically fat man doesn't think Mata has much hope of getting in their team at all.

Having just spoke to my fat Man United supporting work colleague i'd like to raise this percentage to 46.8177177171% chance that he will sign for us.

Basically fat man doesn't think Mata has much hope of getting in their team at all.

neither do i, that added about 15% when mourinho subbed mata off after being subbed on. He knew exactly what he was doing and mata's seen it all before with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back