Judge Us After 10 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobafro

Player Valuation: £8m
I'm very curious about this "Judge us after 10 games" lark. It seems that everyone associated with the club is saying this. Pienaar, Baines, Neville and Moyes have all specifically said 10 games. I think Mirallas has too.

Our 10th game comes directly after the home derby, I wonder if this is the reason the milestone was picked.

There are 4 games to go before we can 'judge' how good/bad we've started the season and the hilarious part is we could be top of the league after 10 games... Try to control the hype then....

Sher cahill and landon will prob come over in january to get enough games for a medal ;)

WE'RE GONNA WIN THE LEAGUE!

well no, more than likely not....

but

WE'RE GONNA WIN THE LEAGUE!

Every now and then you have interviews where all the players seem to be saying the same thing, which to me sounds like it's prolly something touted in the locker room. It's also a round number close enough for one quarter of the season which would have some statistical relevance.

I think it's because people were saying we'd had a great start when we'd only played two league games. A couple games later and we were on the same points total as at the same stage of last season. Thankfully, we've won two more and it's more likely we can consider this a good start to the league season. I think they've just picked ten as a round figure to be honest.

Since Swansea last season we've played like this so in terms of style we've had more than the rule of thumb 10 games period, HOWEVER, the games we've fcked up in have been the mano a' mano games, notably Liverpool and Leeds cup games.

These games and the anfield derby have Moyes "clever coaching" thumbprints all over them - till he stops nobbing around in these games the question mark remains.

I think it's a general milestone in the season after 10 games the table starts to take shape into more or less teams forms. I think they just mean 3 or 4 games is not enough to get a rounded idea on the consistency of the team and nothing at all to do with Liverpool FC.

I doubt it is that, most clubs tend to say ten games. 30 points wold have been up for grabs hopefully we're in the 20+ point region by then.

If we keep up this pace we are on for 70 points.

If anything comes of this season, we have a nightmare run in. 2 of our last 3 games are away to Liverpool and Chelsea.

I think it's a general milestone in the season after 10 games the table starts to take shape into more or less teams forms. I think they just mean 3 or 4 games is not enough to get a rounded idea on the consistency of the team and nothing at all to do with Liverpool FC.

Aye this. Ive got no qualms with it. A good start of five games is easily undone by two or three bad games. Ten games and we know its no flash in the pan.

I think the derby is the ninth game too isn't it?

To be honest, if we beat Wigan convincingly then I'll start to believe there's been a mindset shift at Everton. Because I firmly believe we'll roll over against Wigan like we did against West Brom.

The derby isn't even a consideration as we'll lose that no matter what, so I'm not going to judge after a pre-set amount of games, I'm going to judge us on a week by week basis. The season doesn't end after 10 games.

Think they are right though 10 games seems a sensible milestone to judge by. Still think the derby will be a big game, first decent opposition really since newcastle, if we can beat them the confidence in the squad would be unreal.

To be honest, if we beat Wigan convincingly then I'll start to believe there's been a mindset shift at Everton. Because I firmly believe we'll roll over against Wigan like we did against West Brom.

The derby isn't even a consideration as we'll lose that no matter what, so I'm not going to judge after a pre-set amount of games, I'm going to judge us on a week by week basis. The season doesn't end after 10 games.

Doesn't this philosophy lend itself to knee-jerking though?

We've had such bad starts in recent years, they just want to be cautious. No harm in trying to take any perceived pressure off.

Since Swansea last season we've played like this so in terms of style we've had more than the rule of thumb 10 games period, HOWEVER, the games we've fcked up in have been the mano a' mano games, notably Liverpool and Leeds cup games.

These games and the anfield derby have Moyes "clever coaching" thumbprints all over them - till he stops nobbing around in these games the question mark remains.

I don't think you can assume good form carries on from the end of one season into the start of the next. Think back to how well we finished the 09/10 season and then it was October before we won our first game of the following season.

Status
Not open for further replies.