Just hear me out, hopefully a bit of sense to the circus.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moyes bought defenders so apparently that means Martinez doesn't have to

Ok
You wouldn't have this mindset had we grabbed 9 points though. Even if we were still shaky at the back. The only reason why you and a few others have a strange taste in your mouth, is because we haven't managed a win yet. You would be saying something along these lines

' Winning whilst playing bad is a good sign '. Who gives a fk that Martinez has only brought one defender in 12 months... We were light-weight elsewhere and he had to address it; and he has ! We have FOUR CB's and options all over the defence and it doesn't need addressing right now. What does need addressing is the mistakes and i'm sure it will be.

You wouldn't have this mindset had we grabbed 9 points though. Even if we were still shaky at the back. The only reason why you and a few others have a strange taste in your mouth, is because we haven't managed a win yet. You would be saying something along these lines

' Winning whilst playing bad is a good sign '. Who gives a fk that Martinez has only brought one defender in 12 months... We were light-weight elsewhere and he had to address it; and he has ! We have FOUR CB's and options all over the defence and it doesn't need addressing right now. What does need addressing is the mistakes and i'm sure it will be.

Only time will tell regarding this point

So if the keeper saved them, you'd be saying the defence was a shambles in that game?

Shambolic - Chaotic, disorganized, or mismanaged:

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/shambolic

Yeah, we were so shambolic that Arsenal never even had a shot on target until the 67th minute (if I remember correctly.)

LOL

Do you remember the state of the back four in the closing stages, All over the place, Arsenal looked like they could have got a winner

Shambles

Yes we did mate. At times this season our defence has been ' eratic '.... thats fair to say.

You do realize though that its not just the defence that defend though right ?

right ?

Spot on

I said yesterday that keeping Barry on for full games is ruining us in the closing stages

LOL

Do you remember the state of the back four in the closing stages, All over the place, Arsenal looked like they could have got a winner

Shambles

So what you're saying is, for 80+ minutes we were sound, but for 7-10 minutes we were ropey.

I agree mate, those 7 minutes are what the shambles of a performance should be judged on and we should ignore the 80 minutes when Arsenal barely got one shot on target.

So what you're saying is, for 80+ minutes we were sound, but for 7-10 minutes we were ropey.

I agree mate, those 7 minutes are what the shambles of a performance should be judged on and we should ignore the 80 minutes when Arsenal barely got one shot on target.

How did the game end mate? Struggling here but I think at one point we were 2-0 up and dominating, What happened after that?

A game is 90 mins not 70, The defence in each game so far has let us down, Jags and Distin will have to improve a lot over the coming months or we will continue to leak goals

Yes we did mate. At times this season our defence has been ' eratic '.... thats fair to say.

You do realize though that its not just the defence that defend though right ?

right ?
I do. And I am prepared to give the players that performed for us last season some slack. They deserve it. But. Both goals against Leceister were riddled with panic and comical defending. A shambles. Both were poor defensively in the back against Arsenal.
Forget my opinion. Go and read or watch Roberto's thoughts after the Chelsea match. You calling him wrong as well?

I do. And I am prepared to give the players that performed for us last season some slack. They deserve it. But. Both goals against Leceister were riddled with panic and comical defending. A shambles. Both were poor defensively in the back against Arsenal.
Forget my opinion. Go and read or watch Roberto's thoughts after the Chelsea match. You calling him wrong as well?
A couple of questions for you regarding the two games that you have brought up (Leicester and Arsenal).

2-1 up with 10 minutes to go. Was it necessary to switch to 3 at the back to bring Coleman on. Playing 3 at the back requires amazing communication and positioning. Was it necessary to see out the game with 3 at the back, knowing the midfield infront of them were on their knee's knackered. No coincidence that minutes after switching to this formation, we were all over the shop. Was it necessary for that change ?

2-1 up with 5 minutes to go against Arsenal; Why did Atsu come on ? What do you think this change was for ?

Whilst we are all quick to point the finger at our defence and single people out; Martinez' strange decisions have been over-looked. No doubt our defence have made a few bloopers but they're getting no help from the two infront of them. Fitness and fatigue also played a part in both of those games and the late goals we conceded. Again, this is down to Martinez and his preparations; or lack thereof in pre-season.

Chelsea was a freak show. We were chasing the game against the best team in the league within 30 seconds. 2 down after 2 minutes.... we had to take a few extra risks to get back into the game somehow.

A couple of questions for you regarding the two games that you have brought up (Leicester and Arsenal).

2-1 up with 10 minutes to go. Was it necessary to switch to 3 at the back to bring Coleman on. Playing 3 at the back requires amazing communication and positioning. Was it necessary to see out the game with 3 at the back, knowing the midfield infront of them were on their knee's knackered. No coincidence that minutes after switching to this formation, we were all over the shop. Was it necessary for that change ?

2-1 up with 5 minutes to go against Arsenal; Why did Atsu come on ? What do you think this change was for ?

Whilst we are all quick to point the finger at our defence and single people out; Martinez' strange decisions have been over-looked. No doubt our defence have made a few bloopers but they're getting no help from the two infront of them. Fitness and fatigue also played a part in both of those games and the late goals we conceded. Again, this is down to Martinez and his preparations; or lack thereof in pre-season.

Chelsea was a freak show. We were chasing the game against the best team in the league within 30 seconds. 2 down after 2 minutes.... we had to take a few extra risks to get back into the game somehow.

Think too much of martinez's attention was making sure players didn't burn out late in the season and had the rest they needed that he took his eye off the ball in terms of them being not ready when the season started, maybe had a bit of an impact on him during games as well, break could come at a good time tbh allows him to regroup and approach it anew, think also the Barkley injury, getting in Lukaku, tying down contracts etc has been taking a lot of his focus up and away from preparation for games, sometimes a lot of control can have a flip side to the benefits it brings

@blue4eva77 Great write up and I agree with all of that. We aren't disagreeing on much. I agree with your arguments and you appear to agree that the defense was a comical shamble in the type of goals they are conceding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back