Katia Kouyate

Status
Not open for further replies.
…no, not lazy. A few times he got possession and came to a stop facing his full back as though he was in a separate little game of his own. Players tracking back dispossessed him. It wasn’t laziness, it was him being too casual and unaware of the wider game.
That sort of pace with a bit of experience is what we needed last season, Eggs - he may make the grade - who knows as our club tend to loan or sell youngsters :(

Did well, always looked bright for the U21's but raw, still looked raw yesterday but really positive in his play.

Not one for the seniors yet, loan could be ideal.

In many ways and especially with how many people post things every day on the internet, this is the least fathomable post on numerous levels I’ve seen for a long time, congratulations.

? What do you mean

Oh dear, explaining a joke kills it. But here we go: Katia is a common girls name in Europe. Never heard it on a guy.

Then add that with the current trend where female & male sports are judged equally and mixing is encouraged, plus Everton's general desperation in finding players, it seemed a natural 'joke' to make to assume we're signing birds now.

Obviously not. My bad x

few & far between due to the nature of the Premier League - team wanting ready made stars etc . Not like the older days even in the 1980s we used youth to win titles etc.
I think @Eggs was meaning come through the youth ranks early if they are exceptional .In the past the likes of Gordon, Kenny , Davies , Samuels-Smith all played “ up an age” eg u18s as Schoolboys , u21 at 16/17 and all the above mentioned played at Youth level for England. Kouyate hasn’t ticked any of those boxes or shown that he is exceptional compared to his age group peers. I doubt we’ll see the likes of a 16 year old like Rooney in our first team again , they’ll be snaffled of us at 16.

I think @Eggs was meaning come through the youth ranks early if they are exceptional .In the past the likes of Gordon, Kenny , Davies , Samuels-Smith all played “ up an age” eg u18s as Schoolboys , u21 at 16/17 and all the above mentioned played at Youth level for England. Kouyate hasn’t ticked any of those boxes or shown that he is exceptional compared to his age group peers. I doubt we’ll see the likes of a 16 year old like Rooney in our first team again , they’ll be snaffled of us at 16.
Yes I agree to some extent , but e.g. Maupay 15 million - these lads have to be given a chance - we have sold two left backs without seeing them for instance ...... we had no left back - end of last season & the one Raffa signed is debatable again big money high wages ....

few & far between due to the nature of the Premier League - team wanting ready made stars etc . Not like the older days even in the 1980s we used youth to win titles etc.

…..different world now, Joey. 60s & 70s young local lads had a football at their feet from dawn till dusk. We honed skills, competitiveness and toughness playing footy in the streets, we learned to control the ball playing on the ‘ollers‘, we were cut to bits falling on broken bricks and glass.

These days you rarely see lads playing in the street or even in the parks. Very little schools footy. Kids get picked up to play in Academy’s at 8 years of age, everybody else stays in & plays on computers.

The vast pool of local talent simply isn’t there. It’s no coincidence that the league is full of lads from Continents were life is tough, where kids play street footy and become skilled by playing the game with their mates.

…..different world now, Joey. 60s & 70s young local lads had a football at their feet from dawn till dusk. We honed skills, competitiveness and toughness playing footy in the streets, we learned to control the ball playing on the ‘ollers‘, we were cut to bits falling on broken bricks and glass.

These days you rarely see lads playing in the street or even in the parks. Very little schools footy. Kids get picked up to play in Academy’s at 8 years of age, everybody else stays in & plays on computers.

The vast pool of local talent simply isn’t there. It’s no coincidence that the league is full of lads from Continents were life is tough, where kids play street footy and become skilled by playing the game with their mates.
Yes but we still sign poorer players on filmstrip wages- our youth set up needs more use imo ..

Don't agree; our squad is too poor to send him out on loan.
He is not ready for senior football. He’s had a decent half of senior footy against a poor second side in the Swiss leagues. A loan at an appropriate level would be ideal for him.

We will bring players in for wide attacking positions I’m sure. Al thought I appreciate the club doesn’t fill any of us with any real confidence.

As poor as the attack is right now, if a kid isn’t ready he can’t just be thrown in.

Status
Not open for further replies.