Keeping hold of Fellaini

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/ever...casts-doubts-on-blues-future-100252-28898547/

Marouane Fellaini Champions League ambition casts doubts on Blues future

“Speaking in Belgium, where he continues his rehabilitation from the ankle injury that ended his season two months early, Fellaini told media 7sur7: One thing is certain, I want to play in a team that wins trophies and play in the Champions League. Everton is a team of sub-top.”

He DIDN'T actually say , THIS YEAR OR NEXT THOUGH ...

He's STILL UNY A BABY ...

Fuk Me ... I've Gouched Out Longer than his age ...!!!

Hahaha ..

IF he goes , we'll get PROPER Dough...

Chill ..!!!

Comerada Mia ; The Daily Star of G.OT. ...

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/ever...casts-doubts-on-blues-future-100252-28898547/

Marouane Fellaini Champions League ambition casts doubts on Blues future

“Speaking in Belgium, where he continues his rehabilitation from the ankle injury that ended his season two months early, Fellaini told media 7sur7: One thing is certain, I want to play in a team that wins trophies and play in the Champions League. Everton is a team of sub-top.”

I saw that a few days ago, taken complealy out of context of the whole article.

I Can imagine the question:

Journo: do you want to play in a team in the Champions League, as everton dont presently.

Mofro: Yes of course presently Everton are not in the Champions League!

* Scandel.

Unrealistic to think hell stay though. Any quality player wants to win trophies and play on the biggest stage. It'd be naive to think he wont leave soon enough. Once the price is right he'll be off.

Unrealistic to think hell stay though. Any quality player wants to win trophies and play on the biggest stage. It'd be naive to think he wont leave soon enough. Once the price is right he'll be off.

Fair point mate, eventually his head wil be turned by genuine interest, he can be one of the best midfeilder in Europe. He will sign a new deal and i beleive we will get 1 maybe 2 more seasons out of him - i think it will be good for his development he continues to improve with us. Im surprised there hasnt been more interest in Mofro if im honest. I think the spotlight/interest will be on Barckley once he breaks through.

Last edited:
I think the only way these big priced players will leave Everton is if Moyes thinks the money can bring in players of higher calibre. If we sell Fellaini, we could bring in 3 average players and to me it seems like Moyes would do anything to prevent a star player from leaving. Lescott left for 24million, not because Moyes wanted the money, but Lescott practically forced the issue.

Keeping hold of star players is more important than bringing in lots of average ones year in and year out. To realistically think that any team can keep star players without playing champions league football every year is delusional. Look at Spurs, in the champions league one year, lots of ambition, spending money, bringing in great players, yet Modric wants more just one season later. It's a tough league and even if we spent loads every year and showed major ambition, these situations will still occur if we don't achieve champions league football every year.

I can't see Fellaini forcing a move and unless something ridiculous of an offer comes in, I would be surprised if Moyes even considered selling him for anything less than 30million.

I think the only way these big priced players will leave Everton is if Moyes thinks the money can bring in players of higher calibre. If we sell Fellaini, we could bring in 3 average players and to me it seems like Moyes would do anything to prevent a star player from leaving. Lescott left for 24million, not because Moyes wanted the money, but Lescott practically forced the issue.

Keeping hold of star players is more important than bringing in lots of average ones year in and year out. To realistically think that any team can keep star players without playing champions league football every year is delusional. Look at Spurs, in the champions league one year, lots of ambition, spending money, bringing in great players, yet Modric wants more just one season later. It's a tough league and even if we spent loads every year and showed major ambition, these situations will still occur if we don't achieve champions league football every year.

I can't see Fellaini forcing a move and unless something ridiculous of an offer comes in, I would be surprised if Moyes even considered selling him for anything less than 30million.

This is the dilemma for Everton. It can only be broken by not needing to sell...which means a change of ownership.

What a wet blanket on an otherwise enjoyable weekend so far. I do hope this was taken out of context. I know we are not a top four club at the moment, but it does not me we aren't one, or can't be.

This is the dilemma for Everton. It can only be broken by not needing to sell...which means a change of ownership.

I know mate, it's a tad frustrating! I still believe that one day, it will happen. I think we'll have to live with this sell to buy (or survive) policy for a while longer yet. It's a bit of a mess really. We need new ownership and direction. The club also needs to be able generate more revenue. To do this, we need a new or improved stadium which we can only get with new ownership and we can only get new ownership if we have a new or improved stadium.

I love Fellaini, i think he's top draw. Whoever wants him will have to cough up the big bucks. If selling one player, we can bring in 3 players to our squad, that would be good business.

But we're Everton.

I don't understand it... how come us being Everton isn't enough for him?

We're the People's club. We have passion and er... Steve Round and er... yeah.

I am truly shocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.