Kevin Campbell RIP SUPER KEV

When we needed a hero we found Super Kev and I think it's fair to say that he, in turn, found his spiritual home.

I'm sure many can remember the nerves back at that time, and for many a feeling that our time in the top flight was coming to and. Not our Super Kev. Nerves of steel, the heart of a lion and that ability to put it in the net at critical moments. As we found over the years, on top of his heroics the man was a true gent.

Absolutely gutting news and I hope his family get to know how upset all true blues are at this terrible news.

I feel confident that come the new season, our last at the Old Lady that Super Kevs name will ring loud and proud once more for the footballing world to hear.

RIP Super Kev 💙

Tragic tragic news.
RIP super Kev.
IMG_8241.webp

No disrespect to other Everton greats, but this has hit me harder than others.

He was my Everton no.9 between the age 11 and 15, far more important at that time than Big Dunc was, and helped us avoid disappearing into oblivion.

Also 10 years ago I travelled to the Wirral for my nans 100th birthday, and the day after travelled over the mersey to find a pub to watch the derby in, the only one with somewhere to sit was the Hilton. In there watching the match was me, my 2 cousins, a random bloke and Kevin Campbell in a really sharp suit. All sat there discussing the game, finished 0-0 and he said "that was the worst derby match I've ever seen".

Legend of a player, legend as a person 👏

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back