Kevin Campbell RIP SUPER KEV

Never obviously a good time to go especially at that age bit given it’s close season GP can’t give a fitting memorial/send off immediately. I wonder if the club will plan something first home game.
Perhaps some family members and former teammates presented on the pitch before the first home game.... he was uniformly loved and respected wherever he played.

This has knocked me far more than I thought, might be the fact that I’m a year older than him,
But what a superhero he was for us, when we needed it the most,
But it’s the beautiful words said about him today, from all over the country that sums him up, he really was a special man, on and off the pitch.
The world needs more people like him.

Brother was over at a game years back and hung around the bars near Goodison drinking after for a while.

He decided to head back into town. A taxi stopped. He run over to get in but the driver said he had a fare in the taxi already. Brother looks in the back and says "Is that Kevin Campbell" then starts singing the Super Kev song. Kevin opens the door and invites him into the taxi, others run over and pile into the taxi and he's loved it and sung along with them all.

He will cherish that video more now.

1000023706.webp

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back