Kevin Campbell RIP SUPER KEV

Devastated here. My first ever game after an everton player was extremely rude to me in a car park. Wouldnt take a picture and won't mention what else he said to me. But Kev who was my favourite with jeffers called me over for a photo.

Mad to think how healthy he looked. I won't in a million years won't look as good as him at 50. But shows that you never ever know when you're time is up.

Mate, I’ve been crying all day. I can’t bring myself to even look at another thread.

I’m trying to resist just getting bladdered, as I know it’ll just make it much worse in the morning.

Even my RS mates have been sending me tributes to him, which is just making it even worse.

I’ve told them, that if they try and claim him, they’ll all die slow and painful deaths !
The one thing I've noticed is usually, no matter who the 'celeb' is who has died, there are trolls all over it with all manner of sick shît. Not a thing today in regards to Kev.
Not. One.
Just a universal outpouring of grief, love, fond memories of good times shared and thanks to the big man for inspiration given.

That in itself is unique.
We were blessed he chose to be one of us. 💙

I was born in 91 so my first two heroes as a kid were Duncan Ferguson & Kevin Campbell.

I absolutely adored the pair of them but there was something special about Kev. While there’s been better footballers before him and there’ll be better after, there aren’t many who were a better man.

A man with no ties to this football club fell in love with it & I fell in love with him. It’s absolutely destroyed me today & I’m not really ashamed to say it’s the first time the death of a celebrity/hero has made me cry.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back