Kevin Campbell

• Thread starter Thread starter Big Fat Sam
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember the trigger song which used to get sung by the Gwladys Street in the 80’s.

It was disgusting, but I’d say most teams had the same idiocy in their fan base around that time.

It was getting sung well into the 90's as was Everton Are White.

Died off thankfully after Amokachi arrived, though you still hear some balloons at away games well into the end of the decade.

It's not a football thing though, it's a people thing.

It was getting sung well into the 90's as was Everton Are White.

Died off thankfully after Amokachi arrived, though you still hear some balloons at away games well into the end of the decade.

It's not a football thing though, it's a people thing.
I remember that fella running out on the pitch from the park end the night amo was introduced to the crowd,a steward brought him down a few yards from PJ and amo,I recall afterwards the fella was known to be a racist activist,sad times:(

I remember that fella running out on the pitch from the park end the night amo was introduced to the crowd,a steward brought him down a few yards from PJ and amo,I recall afterwards the fella was known to be a racist activist,sad times:(

Yeah I remember that.

They were weird times really. I remember the NF trying to recruit members at Goodison around 92ish and them getting chased off by our fans yet at the same time you had those songs/chants going on.

Football fans are incredibly tribal and views have certainly changed. Most grounds were guilty of allowing chants that made you cringe. I used to get WSAG outside the ground and remember the letters page went on for weeks because one bloke was complaining g that the number of non Scouse accents on the Gwladys Street was a disgrace.

It took football in England many decades to change. Super Kev was a great player, and is a great bloke, that’s what matters. Speaks as well of Everton today as we do of him. Great goals in a scramble always will help the cause!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back