2022/23 Kevin Thelwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do we actually pay this guy for ?. Not sure whether he is absolutely incompetent , or whether he is simply hamstrung by Kenwright and / or lack of funds.

….we were joint top at the start of the season. There was a bit of euphoria after escaping. He spent monies on McNeil then left us 6 weeks without a striker before bringing Maupay in. He sent Simms on loan and then brought him back again.

Hard to defend the indefensible.

I don't think there was a lot of money swirling around in the summer Eggs. The McNeil one will always be the strange one but no person is ever going to get all the signings right.

They thought and it was legitimate for the first few months that the better midfield and defence would be enough to keep it tight and win a few games that way. Maupay was supposed to an 8 to 10 goals per season buy but as all our forwards have shown, if you don't get service you don't score. The few chances created they are so uptight about scoring they ultimately fluff their lines.

So what would you do, zero or very little money, which attacking talent is going to handle the pressure and get you goals when a known scorer can't?

?

Attachments

• 11743CBE-B4F0-4A2D-A314-0FF3FBEAE846.webp
    11743CBE-B4F0-4A2D-A314-0FF3FBEAE846.webp
    19.5 KB · Views: 39
What self respecting prospect would want to sign for a club in turmoil, just having signed the football version of anti-christ Dyche? And what lunatic in the board thought they could sign a Chelsea talent? What are they smoking/drinking? This board...

If Thelwell went for Gallagher, then I respect the ambition.

I feel for him, due to the ineptitude of the board and his predecessors, he’s effectively got his hands tied, and can’t do much.

Onto a hiding here, just like the fans

Someone didn't get the memo! ........A director of football, sometimes also called a sporting director or technical director, is a senior management figure at an association football club, most commonly in Europe. Often, their key task is managing transfers of players to and from the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back