2022/23 Kevin Thelwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless you're defence is top quality then prioritising defence over the glaring issue at striker, is going to catch you out in the long run.

My opinion is not one I made up this week or last week. I've felt our strategy is wrong every day that has passed since we sold Richarlison without a replacement. I think its poor at best, and shambolic/amateurish at worst. It wouldn't happen at any other top flight club.
Been happening for years at UTD to be fair mate. They never replaced Ronaldo MK1. Giggs Scholes etc.

I do find it a bit frustrating but I don't know the full ins and outs of transfers, so anything could go pear shaped. Would appear that the modern footballer has more baggage then ever before.

Gana a prime example he wants to come then doesn't it's all PSG etc.. then one of his 4 agents isn't happy WTF is that all about 4 agents

Just sign us some good players who can play together in a team
And don't waste £20m on anyone
A creative midfielder would be nice
Plus an attacker who can score
Plus wide attacking players who can cross and create chances
Please don't waste any more of the clubs money on average/championship players

Mcneil over a goalscorer is one that baffles me by the day.

I'm seeing no lessons learned here. Just more of the same rubbish from previous regimes.

43 days without a Richarlison replacement makes me question whether he is the man for the job.

I'm seeing no lessons learned here. Just more of the same rubbish from previous regimes.

No point having a goalscorer with no one to provide balls into them.

You moan now but if DCL/new CF scores 10-15 goals and McNeil assists 6-7 of them goals he hasn't been a waste of money no ?

No point having a goalscorer with no one to provide balls into them.

You moan now but if DCL/new CF scores 10-15 goals and McNeil assists 6-7 of them goals he hasn't been a waste of money no ?
I dont rate the lad at all. You'd think he'd be buzzing to make an impact and its been so lethargic from him. He's absolutely not what we needed.

43 days without a Richarlison replacement makes me question whether he is the man for the job.
We haven't spent big money on old, average players so I'd put that as firmly lessons learned

He relies on a Chris Wood type CF not a Cornet one.

Judge him when DCL/target man CF is on the pitch not 7 stone Anthony Gordon masquerading as a false #9
If we're looking for McNeil to play like he did at Burnley it is an awful signing.

The only way the McNeil signing works is if we look to make him a right sided, left footed playmaker type. And tbf there have been very limited signs of his coming to grips with that role. I think a combination of time, better understanding with his teammates and better forward passing on that side of the pitch (read: never play Doucoure again) could lead to better from him.

If we're going to put him wide left forget about it, just light the 15m on fire.

If we're looking for McNeil to play like he did at Burnley it is an awful signing.

The only way the McNeil signing works is if we look to make him a right sided, left footed playmaker type. And tbf there have been very limited signs of his coming to grips with that role. I think a combination of time, better understanding with his teammates and better forward passing on that side of the pitch (read: never play Doucoure again) could lead to better from him.

If we're going to put him wide left forget about it, just light the 15m on fire.

I think Lampard wanted his version of Benitez's Townie - a winger whipping crosses into DCL.

I dont see him as anything else tbh.

We haven't spent big money on old, average players so I'd put that as firmly lessons learned
Well I'm not particularly impressed by the long pursuit of Gueye. I dont understand that one. And the Mcneil transfer is not looking very smart so far.

The deal that needed done was lining up Richarlison's replacement before we signed off on his transfer. My opinion is that there is no plan or strategy, just throwing darts at the board and hoping one hits the bullseye

Status
Not open for further replies.