2023/24 Kevin Thelwell

As if Marcel Brands would come back here.
I`m not sure if he means go and find Brands literally or go and find the next Marcel Brands figuratively speaking.

George does frequent this forum, perhaps he could elaborate, the forum is always mentioned on the podcast.

I'd be absolutely made up if he left.

He'd only be leaving anyway before he's sacked if anyone with half a braincell takes over the club

I think if the worst was to happen here and I don’t think it will but if it did, his position would be untenable anyway.

I don’t understand what he’s trying to achieve here, there doesn’t seem to be a philosophy for the club from the academy to first team and he doesn’t seem to recognise glaring issues such as the lack of creativity in the middle of the park, the lack of pace and the need for a natural goalscorer.

I understand it’s a tough position, we are a mess and money isn’t exactly flowing but you look at the likes of Brighton, they scout well. The Beto signing for example, we didn’t need like for like, we needed different options, someone quicker, off the shoulder and can finish. The youngster from Sporting, again I don’t get it, we need first team ready players.

to be fair to him we don’t know exactly what goes on behind the scenes and he may have his own excuses or reasoning but from the outside looking in I don’t get what he’s trying to do and the club desperately needs people with foresight, tact and anticipation.

Some fans don’t do us favours either, they hype people up and that makes them think it’s fine, when it isn’t.

Was worried, to see Thelwell was looking for an out - not so much anything to do with him, but its never a good sign when you see Senior People looking for an out........

Then you have lads looking to sack the manager! lol
To be fair. I think it’s probably more of a case of 777 having their own people lined up to come in.

Hope he goes.

Three strikers he has brought in:
Maupay
Beto
Chermiti

None have worked, yes Chermiti is young but why are we spending our small money on an unproven kid who can’t get a game in Portuguese football?

That’s not forgetting he thought it was ok to not bring a striker in last January. I can never forget that. We literally started that gigantic Bournemouth game with Demarai Gray as a lone striker.

I think if the worst was to happen here and I don’t think it will but if it did, his position would be untenable anyway.

I don’t understand what he’s trying to achieve here, there doesn’t seem to be a philosophy for the club from the academy to first team and he doesn’t seem to recognise glaring issues such as the lack of creativity in the middle of the park, the lack of pace and the need for a natural goalscorer.

I understand it’s a tough position, we are a mess and money isn’t exactly flowing but you look at the likes of Brighton, they scout well. The Beto signing for example, we didn’t need like for like, we needed different options, someone quicker, off the shoulder and can finish. The youngster from Sporting, again I don’t get it, we need first team ready players.

to be fair to him we don’t know exactly what goes on behind the scenes and he may have his own excuses or reasoning but from the outside looking in I don’t get what he’s trying to do and the club desperately needs people with foresight, tact and anticipation.

Some fans don’t do us favours either, they hype people up and that makes them think it’s fine, when it isn’t.
The main issue was that we could not spend much on players up front last summer. I'd have thought the market for players who don't command an up front fee is quite small.

We'll be looking at free agents and loan signings in the summer, I would imagine.
It depends on who is sold and for how much.
Maupay will definitely leave, probably Onana and of course Branthwaite will be a target for lots of clubs.
If they are sold we will have a budget, if not then I think you are largely correct.
Thelwell had identified Kudus for about 10m and he would probably have been signed if Utd didn't overpay for Antony by about 50m. He also signed Garner, Onana and McNeill.
Let's hope he has some other cheap talent spotted.

It depends on who is sold and for how much.
Maupay will definitely leave, probably Onana and of course Branthwaite will be a target for lots of clubs.
If they are sold we will have a budget, if not then I think you are largely correct.
IT depends if we are still a Premier League club.

I think as a PL team we get 60m for Onana and Branners, I think if we go down we get considerably less.