2023/24 Kevin Thelwell

Its pretty long read, I just glanced at it for now, but the gist seems to be no more players over 27, for money, scouts have identified lots of players, but havent had the money to do the deals.

Also, a lack of investment in the Youth set up has utterly gutted it.

A pretty picture it does not paint.

Just from this i'd probably take it as a positive.

We shouldnt be signing players over 27 for fees. In fact we shouldnt really be going for anyone over 23 for fees. We have to invest in potential.

Regarding the youth setup i take that to mean the u23s. There seems to be some activity there and below with a few reported trials and signings recently.

So overall id say it seems were being more proactive in senior player profiles in terms of age and rebuilding the youth setup.

The money situation is now known and if we look at things glass half full...with money theres alot of potential to rebuild.

Just from this i'd probably take it as a positive.

We shouldnt be signing players over 27 for fees. In fact we shouldnt really be going for anyone over 23 for fees. We have to invest in potential.

Regarding the youth setup i take that to mean the u23s. There seems to be some activity there and below with a few reported trials and signings recently.

So overall id say it seems were being more proactive in senior player profiles in terms of age and rebuilding the youth setup.

The money situation is now known and if we look at things glass half full...with money theres alot of potential to rebuild.
Will have to look at a mix loans free agents ect, if we can get a good deal and low wages can still see us going for 27 over ect. Just to get more bodies in the squad but agree dont need to be going for 27 with high fee and big wages just not in that olace as a club

He signed two forwards in Beto and Chermiti, who have the grand total of two league goals between the two of them.

I think that tells us all we need to know really! He'll be rightly binned whenever the new owners arrive.
Think has done ok has done better getting player sales, the type of money he has to work with has made deals hard. When you look at the deals of beto no money upfront this season. But agree esp in the attacking side we need him to get us goals/creativity next season.

Think has done ok has done better getting player sales, the type of money he has to work with has made deals hard. When you look at the deals of beto no money upfront this season. But agree esp in the attacking side we need him to get us goals/creativity next season.

This doesn’t make it a good deal. In fact it’s even worse because it’s hamstrung us for the upcoming windows when we do have to pay that money.