Kit for 24/25

I was actually shocked at the money we made from being on tele this year.

I know its a ball ache for away fans, but our name rings out.

1) Arsenal (30 games televised live in the UK) – worth around £26m in 2022/23

2) Spurs (28 games) – worth £24.5m

3=) Liverpool, Manchester City and Manchester United (27 games each) – worth £23.6m

6) Chelsea (24 games) – worth £21.1m

7) Everton (22 games) – worth 19.4m

8) Newcastle (21 games) – worth £18.6m

9) Aston Villa (20 games) – worth around £17.8m

10) West Ham (18 games) – worth £16.1m

11) Nottingham Forest (17 games) – worth £15.2m

12=) Brentford and Wolves (16 games each) – worth £14.4m

14) Crystal Palace (15 games) – worth £13.6m

15) Brighton (13 games) – worth £11.9m

16=) Sheffield United and Luton (12 games each) – worth £11m

18=) Bournemouth and Fulham (11 games each) – worth £10.2m

20) Burnley (nine games) – worth around £8.4m

I was actually shocked at the money we made from being on tele this year.

I know its a ball ache for away fans, but our name rings out.

1) Arsenal (30 games televised live in the UK) – worth around £26m in 2022/23

2) Spurs (28 games) – worth £24.5m

3=) Liverpool, Manchester City and Manchester United (27 games each) – worth £23.6m

6) Chelsea (24 games) – worth £21.1m

7) Everton (22 games) – worth 19.4m

8) Newcastle (21 games) – worth £18.6m

9) Aston Villa (20 games) – worth around £17.8m

10) West Ham (18 games) – worth £16.1m

11) Nottingham Forest (17 games) – worth £15.2m

12=) Brentford and Wolves (16 games each) – worth £14.4m

14) Crystal Palace (15 games) – worth £13.6m

15) Brighton (13 games) – worth £11.9m

16=) Sheffield United and Luton (12 games each) – worth £11m

18=) Bournemouth and Fulham (11 games each) – worth £10.2m

20) Burnley (nine games) – worth around £8.4m

Hoped to see us get tonked and relegated that's why.

Wasn't that Luton one confirmed for Sky once we'd been bummed by Chelsea?

Not that I don’t believe it’s 20 million a season, but surely the clubs official comms would have mentioned that amount based on it being so significantly more wouldn’t they?

They normally like to tell us how good of a job they are doing?!

Seems strange they’ve not

The reports of the new deal with Castore being £20m a season, may be good for the club. But the thing that concerns me is the price for the fans. At the moment our adult mens shirt is £65. which is a crazy price (reduced to £20 at the moment becasue its end of the season)

If you look at Villa's kit last season (castore) it was £70, so not that different, but Castore were only paying villa £4m a season. for clubs with high value deals, Spurs deal with Nike is £30m a season and probably closest to this £20m deal thats being reported for us. Spurs fans pay £85 for the basic shirt and its £125 for the real shirt. Th teams that get more than that have similar prices to Spurs.

That's basically double what we pay now.

That's just the way the footy shirt business has gone mate

Some championship clubs sell there's at £70 a pop for example

Just seen that a TEMPORARY board leading the commercial team have negotiated close to 20 million pounds per year out of Castore.

Couple of points...

1. Will fans now stop crying about a kit manufacturer? We're skint, and that's a really fantastic deal for a club that's performing the way we've been.
  2. Does ANYBODY still think that Kenwright and his cronies were "revered" and his lovely CEO was "The best in the business"
  3. She negotiated a multi year deal with Hummel for half of what Castore are paying, failed to grow commercially beyond Usmanov linked companies, crowed about irrelevant business awards and negotiated her own payoff. Nice work if you can get it, eh? The tit.

That deal and the claims within it isn't verified

The club has made wild claims before to the media and that has subsequently been proven to be false

Until it's verified and we see the money landing into the club, I don't believe the figures

Illustrations of the wild claims included Denise Barrett-Baxendale agreeing a "fixed cost" contract to build Bramley Moore Dock. The cost went from £505 million to more than £760 million. So not "fixed cost"

1718378012420.png

Source of quotes: The Times, August 2022

I think when a stadium hosts a UEFA event, such as the Euros, all non-UEFA sponsors / branding has to be removed / covered up as much as possible doesn't it? Also stadiums cannot be called by their sponsor names eg Man City's Etihad will be refered to as "The City of Manchester Stadium" in all commentary.

They can’t be called by it, but they can’t take off the branding on the stadium.

I hope so, this deal alone increases kit suppliers income from 7 to 20m if we can get a similar figure for stadium naming then we'd be around 33m better off on just these 2 deals, hopefully there'd be a few more sponsorship avenues available that weren't there before. I really want to see the end of this financial mess we are in.

I think we all do. The next ticking clock is on the shirt sponsor (I know people hate Stake). All the premier league teams have signed up to getting rid of betting shirt sponsors by the start of the 26/27 season, Stake pay us around £10m a season. Arsenal get £60m annually for the combined shirt and stadium sponsorship. Im not saying we could get that, unless the sponsor is linked to the new owners, but would have thought we could get £30m a season

Not that I don’t believe it’s 20 million a season, but surely the clubs official comms would have mentioned that amount based on it being so significantly more wouldn’t they?

They normally like to tell us how good of a job they are doing?!

Seems strange they’ve not

Clubs often just put that its a "record deal". I wonder if this helps them fudge the accounting figures later on.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back