Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Koeman: "We've only spent £7m"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christ... just read we're paying him near £100k.

Ridiculous.

Yeah, wage bill up then, but you still have to account for the net amount with outgoings.

Yeah of course. Wages do go up though with time, its only natural. Then you have existing players getting their amounts going up year on year etc, signing on fees etc.

Very confused by the opinions in here. Koeman is expecting them to spend more in a net sense of the word. They just haven't done it yet. He's pushing them to get a move on. If they don't, if we don't get those players in, we are in trouble and Ronald is going to feel duped. AND HE SHOULD. He took the gig thinknig the owner was ambitious.

But OBVIOUSLY the team requires NET investment. If it's the RIGHT investment, it'll pay off downstream. A couple more windows like this and Everton will never have to have a net spend again like the other big clubs.

And like others have said, buying Siggy doesn't necessarily improve the net spend. I'm still optimistic that they'll get a CB/LB (I just hope it's someone that has skills and is good enough to push Williams), Sigurdsson (playmaker), a CF, and a winger.

As long as we don't sign moussa sissoko or James Collins then net spend doesn't bother me. We are nailed on for 7th place and early knockout stages of the europa league regardless. Until we get a new stadium, get rid of elstone and tell Umbro to do one we will struggle with competing to sign big players at their peak.

Like someone said earlier in the thread Koeman getting his excuses in early to save face for his dream Barca job.

Nicely put

Said this all along! I was slated for it yet I'm right again

He's completely correct in what he's saying. Yet some deluded fans seem to believe otherwise

Well done koeman up in my ratings after that. Sensible comment. Some fans are shouting out how much money we have/ are going to spend when in reality it's not like that at all.
Hahaha..oh the wisdom.
You were right "again"
Broken Clock.......:coffee:

My one concern with these comments from the manager himself is that right now of this moment, we haven't spent money in anything more than a sell to buy scenario yet again.

Barkley goes, we sign sigg. Lukaku goes and we buy our other players.

My concern is that this scenario doesn't paint us as a big power but just a club who has invested well in selling our best player. What happens between now and the end 9f August really will define us as a club who wants to compete or a club who deserves to be 7th for the foreseeable until these investments in youth pay off

I wonder who our big "sell" will be next summer. Stones, Rom and Ross will all have gone.

Keane or Davies looks most likely.

My one concern with these comments from the manager himself is that right now of this moment, we haven't spent money in anything more than a sell to buy scenario yet again.

My concern is that this scenario doesn't paint us as a big power but just a club who has invested well in selling our best player. What happens between now and the end 9f August really will define us as a club who wants to compete or a club who deserves to be 7th for the foreseeable until these investments in youth pay off

Completely agree

Don´t think Moshiri has invested in the club just to go through the motions with the old formula. What would be the point?

As long as we don't sign moussa sissoko or James Collins then net spend doesn't bother me. We are nailed on for 7th place and early knockout stages of the europa league regardless. Until we get a new stadium, get rid of elstone and tell Umbro to do one we will struggle with competing to sign big players at their peak.

Like someone said earlier in the thread Koeman getting his excuses in early to save face for his dream Barca job.

Spot on

We need to start pushing for better sponsorship and kit deals, get the stadium done and dusted and make better choices in player purchases

Koeman is basically trying to take the pressure off himself as he knows that to finish 7th let alone improve on that will be a very tall order. It's dawned on him that unless the club are willing to spend big and not break even as per we will always be behind the top six. I genuinely believe as things stand we are weaker than last year. Lukaku is a huge miss

The majority of people will see what he said as an huge excuse after spending a lot. Which he has.

If we were free flowing and smashing teams in pre season, he wouldn't have said it. He'd use it to the board in January if it's going wrong. He'd never blame himself.

What's the difference? We actively get players rather than penny pinch. Last season we had a net of £20mill, chased the wrong players. But the ones we could get, we got them without argument. Never like that under Kenwright.

I think this argument would have more weight if we still had Rom and didn't spend. That would show more about how much money we have.

I don't think you quite get what net spend means?

Don't mean to insult by saying that, but you don't seem to 'get' that only spending what you receive just means you're relying on selling high and buying low to improve.

Of course, but isn't it OBVIOUS that Koeman is expecting a real net spend? I think it is, which is why I think it'll happen. He's just frustrated that it hasn't happened yet and if I were him I'd be mad, too. Are we making investments or not? What's the point of improving CB, CM, GK, and our attacking depth if we've still lost our best player at CF and we are still lacking a serious play maker and pace wide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back