Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Koeman: "We've only spent £7m"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I concluded our £100m war chest was probably nothing but clever marketing before the end of last summer's window. I think we probably expected Lu to leave then and that was where most of our budget was to come from but no club (thankfully) was willing to match the £70m we placed on his head.
I briefly though the hype might be real (Usmanov's secret backing) with our spending spree but the Echo article that revealed the details of the £60m Chinese facility put pay to that - "this money will be used... on transfers...". We obviously were pre-spending the Lukaku money we were virtually certain to receive. It would be one hell of a coincidence otherwise.
I expect us to complete Gylfi soon and hopefully add a couple of others. We'll be working hard to recoup most by selling Barkley, McCarthy etc. We're unlucky being in a weak position with Barkley (one year) and McCarthy (fitness) otherwise I expect we'd have progressed more quickly.
I appreciate the great positive impact Mosh has had including the facility without which we would have had to wait for the Lu money to spend but I don't believe the we're super rich stuff which now, almost 3 windows in, is more an article of faith than one of evidence.

So Googled net spend in the premiership and over the last 5 years cumulatively Spurs have the highest negative net spend. They are highest net earners of all teams.

Buy let the net spenders go ballistic in a year we sell our most valuable asset. As I said at the time.. wonder what Barcelona's net spend will be this year?

It's been said before in this thread.. he's just trying to silence the hype a touch.

Yeah, I was basically saying this just earlier on. We didn't spend last summer until we sold Stones. We haven't spent this summer anything really due to Lukaku going.

Once again, we're not actually seeing much legit investment on playing staff, and we haven't now for the best part of two windows. So it's reasonable to at least suspect Sigurdsson hasn't happened yet because we need Ross off the books first.

Until we get to the end of a summer transfer window without looking like we have to sell to buy, then Moshiri is not the proven real deal. It doesn't matter if we "spend smart" or whatever - that's not the point, because we did that under Kenwright. We spent the exact same.

Koeman = my bitch.

8TLbc.gif

I'm all over the place now, tbf. I have no idea who to defend or attack out of Koeman and Moshiri.

I know. That's the best part, dave.

So Googled net spend in the premiership and over the last 5 years cumulatively Spurs have the highest negative net spend. They are highest net earners of all teams.

Buy let the net spenders go ballistic in a year we sell our most valuable asset. As I said at the time.. wonder what Barcelona's net spend will be this year?

It's been said before in this thread.. he's just trying to silence the hype a touch.

So just covering his back a touch if it all goes tits up?

I concluded our £100m war chest was probably nothing but clever marketing before the end of last summer's window. I think we probably expected Lu to leave then and that was where most of our budget was to come from but no club (thankfully) was willing to match the £70m we placed on his head.
I briefly though the hype might be real (Usmanov's secret backing) with our spending spree but the Echo article that revealed the details of the £60m Chinese facility put pay to that - "this money will be used... on transfers...". We obviously were pre-spending the Lukaku money we were virtually certain to receive. It would be one hell of a coincidence otherwise.
I expect us to complete Gylfi soon and hopefully add a couple of others. We'll be working hard to recoup most by selling Barkley, McCarthy etc. We're unlucky being in a weak position with Barkley (one year) and McCarthy (fitness) otherwise I expect we'd have progressed more quickly.
I appreciate the great positive impact Mosh has had including the facility without which we would have had to wait for the Lu money to spend but I don't believe the we're super rich stuff which now, almost 3 windows in, is more an article of faith than one of evidence.

Smoke and mirrors mate, the whole thing.

He got some pretty outspoken people on board early on, fed them utter bullcrap and they and we lapped it up.

Some of them are still peddling the lies on social media, thankfully due to the work from @orly we have maintained a healthy border on GOT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back