Kofi Annan getting booed by Everton at Wembley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barlows Boots

Player Valuation: £8m
I never heard it but some tit Chelsea fan I know who was there says that when his name was called out Everton fans booed him! He said they also started singing 'Engurland, Engurland' after the booing! :huh:

I never heard it

"Everton hate England(the national team) and in all my years of going to Everton games I have NEVER heard Everton fans sing "Engurland, Engurland"

Was my response followed with "What the f*** has Kofi Annan ever done to Everton, let alone our fans?"

Can anyone who was at Wembley please enlighten me on this melts claim

Thanks

Last edited:
I booed him because he never charged Dubya or Blair with war crimes while he was sec. general.

But that's just me.

Never shouted any ingurland bollocks. We're not English we're Scouse remember

He got booed, God knows why.

Negatives:

Oil-for-food (Iraq)
Bosnia
Rwanda

Positives

Some reform of UN
Efforts in supporting and reforming Africa
Aids support
Nobel Prize for Peace

I thought it was strange he got boo-ed too :oops:

Weird. I'm guessing those that booed did so for pretty basic reasons, rather than due to his performance at the United Nations. He wasn't even that bad there, and actually made some differences.

Nobel Peace prize despite sitting back while being supposedly one of the most powerful men in the world, and allowing--

You know what, never mind. Doesn't matter. Talking about it won't change the fact he got booed.

Nobel Peace prize despite sitting back while being supposedly one of the most powerful men in the world, and allowing--

You know what, never mind. Doesn't matter. Talking about it won't change the fact he got booed.

There is a difference between what a person can realistically do, given the political climate, and what he or she might wish to do, in an ideal world. He did reasonably well at the UN. I've got some respect for him, although of course I don't mean to portray him as an angel.

Ah fcuk it, what the hell am I doing on the political bandwagon? Sod politics. Football is where it's at these days.

Or the fact they read out his name as Chelsea walked up the stairs.....

That's the only time I heard booing

Status
Not open for further replies.