2018/19 Kurt Zouma

Status
Not open for further replies.
That last quote definitely sounds like we'll find out in the coming days imo now Lampard has said he wants to keep him think it'll now come down to Zouma

Do you think he'd rather come here than stay at Chelsea though?

This is the problem with loans i suppose. They dont always turn into permanent moves.

"He's a Chelsea player and I want him".

Are you stupid?
If Lampard has said "Hazard is a Chelsea player and I want him" would that have been it? He wants him but if Zouma had told him he wasn't going to push for a move he would have said that. As it always was going to it comes down to Zouma deciding what he wants to do.

Not at all suprised. Really think he can becone world class. Has everything. Will be a starter for chelsea this season. Still think keane and mina can do the bizz. Can holgate push them. I dont think he is that far off being a decent center back but will need to bring in another for decent competition.

If Lampard has said "Hazard is a Chelsea player and I want him" would that have been it? He wants him but if Zouma had told him he wasn't going to push for a move he would have said that. As it always was going to it comes down to Zouma deciding what he wants to do.
I don't think Zouma has Real Madrid knocking on his door thought mate, we're short of quality centre backs and Chelsea hold all the aces here. Plus I'm pretty sure their ban will come into play with this.

He is hardly going to weaken their negotiation position and say 'I'm indifferent to Zouma we have other solutions such as Christensen'.

It might be hard to get Zouma, but as long as their is other options he's worth waiting for.

Finito on this.

They can't say they haven't been given enough notice to sign an alternative, and should be able to take steps straightaway to put something in place asap, if they haven't been on this already.

I thought he was outstanding with us when he settled, but there is nothing we can do now other than to ensure we are not left short.

Regardless, it's time for a clean break over this IMO

He's said what he's said. If Zouma really wants to go then there's no better way of forcing his hand than looking at other targets

I don't think Zouma has Real Madrid knocking on his door thought mate, we're short of quality centre backs and Chelsea hold all the aces here. Plus I'm pretty sure their ban will come into play with this.
They hold very little leverage if Zouma says he wants out and they refuse to guarantee him first team minutes.

Saying I want him is very different than he's staying. It wasn't really a statement of anything. To me the situation is unchanged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back