Lack of Back Bone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the inception of the premier league, we seem to have something hanging over us. Whether it was Kenwrights financing of his takeover, how we get a safety certificate is beyond me and now FFP.

We have kicked up a fuss in the past, Clattenburg for instance. But it was limited. Could you image if a ref said, 'you can't give a pen against Manu in the last minutes' and it was against LFC. All hell would break loose by that lot.

The 'nice club, lack a backbone' tag will be interesting if we get points deducted, as the LFC dominated media want and amplified by their very well paid sycophants in the media.

We are Everton, and nobody else is. It's an absolute honour to feel like we do.
Feel like we do? Angry? Frustrated? Forlorn of hope?

Yeah we're Everton. But we're a pale imitation of the Everton that last lifted some silverware.

7th place finishes being described (and sold!) as magnificent have seen to that.

Framed front pages of the Echo headline "Safe" have seen to that.

A huge wall sized print of the relegation survival pitch invasion at Finch Farm as an inspiration?

The club have been allowed to slip a million miles away from NSNO through selfishness and vanity.
Thought it was obvious, tbh.
No. Far from it.

I have very little sympathy for the footballing folks in place today as they were not proactive with a lot of cost-saving measures until it was made a directive for the club.
Thelwell is slightly better off in my book but lacks creativity and the weight of carrying Everton's playing style.
Dyche on the other hand, is hot and cold in public and that is a shame. He seems close to finding the right move for the right opponent instead of an arbitrary lineup that he feels comfortable with (and was infamous for), we need to pull a family of rabbits out of the hat this year and time is running out.

Feel like we do? Angry? Frustrated? Forlorn of hope?

Yeah we're Everton. But we're a pale imitation of the Everton that last lifted some silverware.

7th place finishes being described (and sold!) as magnificent have seen to that.

Framed front pages of the Echo headline "Safe" have seen to that.

A huge wall sized print of the relegation survival pitch invasion at Finch Farm as an inspiration?

The club have been allowed to slip a million miles away from NSNO through selfishness and vanity.

No. Far from it.
What I was meaning is that when I, eg love a woman, I love all of her, including her soul that never changes. I love her history, her accomplishments, I tolerate any of her failings, I love her in a good mood, and still love her when she's foul tempered. I'd still love her if she was addicted to drugs or an alcoholic. I'd go round feeling superior to all the others in the world who were too blind to see that she was truly wonderful, good bits and bad. That's what I mean about us being privileged to have the insight to support and love the best club in the world.

I imagine what you might feel is like being in an abusive relationship, and the person you love cares nothing for you, and treats you like dirt. You might in those circumstances feel your love for a person or club is more of a curse than a blessing. I can see that viewpoint, but it's just not what I feel, that's all. I'm definitely NOT saying, though, that every bit of ineptitude from our leadership is fine, and we shouldn't ever complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back