Lack of pace in the squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember the days when people were thinking pace wasn't important, and it's all about speed of thought.

Those were the days.

..it's tempo as much as pace. Spurs don't have a lot of pace, they play with tempo.

Yep, instead of taking a touch out of their feet with head up, they take 2/3 touches then send it back to where it came. Rooney is actually the only player who passes and moves again into space whilst the midfield 2 have been hiding all season ( they've been absolutely awful of passing it and then not even being ready for a return pass )

Yep, instead of taking a touch out of their feet with head up, they take 2/3 touches then send it back to where it came. Rooney is actually the only player who passes and moves again into space whilst the midfield 2 have been hiding all season ( they've been absolutely awful of passing it and then not even being ready for a return pass )

..also lots to do with team shape. Often no 'out ball' and no conventional width means full backs turn inside and pass to CBs, midfielders have to go central to players heavily marked.

Rooney still has the vision, but our players are so static it's unreal. On Sunday Pat Nevin summarising on the radio said the lack of movement from our players was shocking. It's no surprise we've scored only 4 league goals.

..also lots to do with team shape. Often no 'out ball' and no conventional width means full backs turn inside and pass to CBs, midfielders have to go central to players heavily marked.

We can all see this except the man that matters on the touchline mate. It's simply not working yet he persists with no width. And to think we laughed when Martinez used to just use one winger and Cleverly on the left lol

Rooney still has the vision, but our players are so static it's unreal. On Sunday Pat Nevin summarising on the radio said the lack of movement from our players was shocking. It's no surprise we've scored only 4 league goals.

It's shocking and it's almost like they don't do any drills in training to eradicate this issue. Wish someone would pay me 50k a week to take 3 touches and launch it at the fella stood 5 yards away from me

Right with you, Eggs. Baines got up the field a bit more against Burnley, but not enough. It makes no sense. We play with 2 CFs, yet present no outside threat to stretch out the D and create space in the middle for the 2 to receive service. If our backs get wide, it also creates space for our hundred central middies to do some damage.

It's shocking and it's almost like they don't do any drills in training to eradicate this issue. Wish someone would pay me 50k a week to take 3 touches and launch it at the fella stood 5 yards away from me
To be honest mate that's what I've been thinking. We can't counter attack teams as we don't have the pace to do so. So you have to find other means. We don't have a target man as such (although DCL is trying hard to fill the void) so that means we have to rely on good movement to open teams up. If your forwards are static (as ours are) we really struggle to create anything which has been proven time and time again. It is about getting the best out of players at your disposal. Sadly we aren't doing that.

To be honest mate that's what I've been thinking. We can't counter attack teams as we don't have the pace to do so. So you have to find other means. We don't have a target man as such (although DCL is trying hard to fill the void) so that means we have to rely on good movement to open teams up. If your forwards are static (as ours are) we really struggle to create anything which has been proven time and time again. It is about getting the best out of players at your disposal. Sadly we aren't doing that.

We are basicslly plop mate lol

You would think that with the players he signed as well that we would have some movement but when the midfield is so static and hiding from the ball the defenders punt it to no man's land or Rooney drops deep ( I wish he wouldn't but I know why he is because he is trying to take responsibility to get us up and running) it's all a big mess. Gylfi is out of form but he's got to get involved way more, he's so static sometimes and it just needs a little movement and it makes all the difference

It's been like that for as long as I've been an Everton fan.

Thought it was a Moyes thing. Clearly not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back