Last Film You Watched

Just finished that Rebel Ridge on Netflix. Like a more serious less sensational Reacher. Was pretty good but too long IMO.
Only comment I can find 😆 just watched this liked it alot, yep one scene too many...but very good, liked how I couldn't work out what kind of film it was for quite a while

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse
Been putting this one off for a long time, due to strong superhero fatigue. I'd say it's not as good as the first one, though it picked up quite a bit around the 90 minute mark when it suddenly got some stakes. Visually just as good as the first film, and the characters are still likeable. First film had a more interesting villain though. I didn't know the film wouldn't have a conclusion, which hurt it a bit. 7/10

D226E308-D3BB-4DC4-9030-29418A611D2D.webp

Speak No Evil ( 2024 )

Remake of the Danish film of the same name.

An up tight American family make friends with an outgoing British family whilst on holiday in Italy and accept their invite to spend a weekend with them in their rambling and isolated farmhouse.

Very slowly it dawns on the American family that all is not as it seems with the British family.

Just like the original, the first hour or so is very slow, as the plot gives you little clues about just how mad and sinister the British family really are.

But boy oh boy, when the film finally explodes into life, it’s just chaos.

James McAvoy has transformed himself for the role, almost turning himself into the Hulk with muscle gain.

He gives one of his finest performances to date in this and is very reminiscent of Jack Nicholson in the Shining - he really is that good. ( awards coming )

This is a proper film, no CGI, just relying on an excellent cast and an outstanding re writing of what was already a standout psychological horror.

It really isn’t for the faint hearted though and I think this may put some off, as the brutality in it is just off the scale.

View attachment 274193

Speak No Evil ( 2024 )

Remake of the Danish film of the same name.

An up tight American family make friends with an outgoing British family whilst on holiday in Italy and accept their invite to spend a weekend with them in their rambling and isolated farmhouse.

Very slowly it dawns on the American family that all is not as it seems with the British family.

Just like the original, the first hour or so is very slow, as the plot gives you little clues about just how mad and sinister the British family really are.

But boy oh boy, when the film finally explodes into life, it’s just chaos.

James McAvoy has transformed himself for the role, almost turning himself into the Hulk with muscle gain.

He gives one of his finest performances to date in this and is very reminiscent of Jack Nicholson in the Shining - he really is that good. ( awards coming )

This is a proper film, no CGI, just relying on an excellent cast and an outstanding re writing of what was already a standout psychological horror.

It really isn’t for the faint hearted though and I think this may put some off, as the brutality in it is just off the scale.
I've only heard good things about this movie. It's definitely next on my list!

Talking about psychological horror/thrillers, I gave this a watch the other day:
MV5BMzczYmQ0NTUtMTM5OS00Mzc4LWExZDYtOWE4YjRkOWJkYWRlXkEyXkFqcGc@._V1_.jpg

Also, not too bad. There are some names in the cast that that'll have you saying: Geez like! I haven't seen them act in ages! 😂

Basically, the plot is: Arsehole billionaire doing arsehole things.
Superman IV: Quest for Peace came on the TV this morning. First time I've seen it and it might be the worst film I've ever seen. Genuinely incredible how bad it is.
Just in case you were wondering:

I've only heard good things about this movie. It's definitely next on my list!

Talking about psychological horror/thrillers, I gave this a watch the other day:
MV5BMzczYmQ0NTUtMTM5OS00Mzc4LWExZDYtOWE4YjRkOWJkYWRlXkEyXkFqcGc@._V1_.jpg

Also, not too bad. There are some names in the cast that that'll have you saying: Geez like! I haven't seen them act in ages! 😂

Basically, the plot is: Arsehole billionaire doing arsehole things.

Just in case you were wondering:

McAvoy is every as good in this, as his portrayal of Bruce in Filth.

He must`ve spent months in the gym, as the way he`s bulked up for the role is amazing - he`s a full on monster !

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back