Latest Accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Essentially though we have an extra 40 mill a year to play with, while the debt at worse remains static at best has reduced by 20 mill - I suspect it has reduced and will continue to do so.

Regardless it's very manageable. But more importantly, it's less about what it means this year - which is very positive - our income has increased by a third, but the cumulative effect of this in seasons to come.

It's wholly TV based though so people are right to question the management behind the scenes, that said we tend to manage and balance our finances and football development better than most, which does indicate some positive management of resources and decision making. Commercially we are awfull. Seems we just thread water and wait for the sky golden egg!

I've come a long way from standing in piss in the boys pen, holes in my shoes, cheering on the cannonball kid, followed by a bumpy old ride back to Mossley Hill on me uncle Cyril's handlebars. I've been called a snake oil salesman, charlatan, bullshitter, liar, fantasist, and even had my own mother terrorised by a clown carrying a birthday cake. There's no better salesman for Everton than Bill Kenwright, I tell you. By the way has anyone seen my old mate Robert Earl ?

Sometimes I can't fathom why Bill gets no credit when we seem to be making massive jumps in revenue every few years!

Essentially though we have an extra 40 mill a year to play with, while the debt at worse remains static at best has reduced by 20 mill - I suspect it has reduced and will continue to do so.

Regardless it's very manageable. But more importantly, it's less about what it means this year - which is very positive - our income has increased by a third, but the cumulative effect of this in seasons to come.

It's wholly TV based though so people are right to question the management behind the scenes, that said we tend to manage and balance our finances and football development better than most, which does indicate some positive management of resources and decision making. Commercially we are awfull. Seems we just thread water and wait for the sky golden egg!

It means now building a new stadium is viable.

FFP.

said it. Believe it.

Don't understand the point of that question of course Johnson never got 120 Million, no one did,
but he got the going rate like everyone else and we sold our best player nearly every year.

If your going on ratios we nearly had as much debt as income under Johnson.

Our current net debt is a quater of our annual income presently, before flogging anyone.

If your going on ratios we nearly had as much debt as income under Johnson.

Our current net debt is a quater of our annual income presently, before flogging anyone.
Isn't that good? And maybe why we bought a player for twenty eight million this year and are looking at a new ground.

Don't understand the point of that question of course Johnson never got 120 Million, no one did,
but he got the going rate like everyone else and we sold our best player nearly every year.
The point is if Johnson was in charge now we'd stil be looking at the same rosy figures. Kenwright has had nothing to do with the massive increase in turnover.

The point is if Johnson was in charge now we'd stil be looking at the same rosy figures. Kenwright has had nothing to do with the massive increase in turnover.
Yeah but Johnson isn't in charge and here's no guarantee he'd have given us more or increased our income or taken more. We are in the position we are in, we are receiving the money we are, can't we just be content with that?

Isn't that good? And maybe why we bought a player for twenty eight million this year and are looking at a new ground.

Prob is, the figures addvup in terms of profit, personally I would still like the club to bank the capital to meet our debt, they prob won't as it still has a life cycle of of another 12 years.

An important point that maybe is due consideration, does the net debt include the cost financing/ that debt as Dave pointed out earlier - our prudential deal came at a cost of 70 + million on borrowing of 30 million in interest.

The devil is always in the detail, expect to see an article on KEIOC on the very subject, now that i brought it up for them.

Last edited:
Yeah but Johnson isn't in charge and here's no guarantee he'd have given us more or increased our income or taken more. We are in the position we are in, we are receiving the money we are, can't we just be content with that?
It could hardly be worse though. When the commercial income of the fourth most successful team in English football is worse than the likes of Norwich and Wolverhampton I'd say that is a pretty damning indictment of those in charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back